I have WOOD!! Review of ESW10JPN vs. AD2000
Sep 15, 2009 at 2:24 PM Post #91 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tidal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
About bending the AD2000, I am not going to do that.
The resale price will absolutely drop. hahaha

The mod can fully reverse without any issues. I did not have clamp issue with my AD2000 but I have to bend the headband on my W5000. I did try reverse the mod with my W5000 and only bend it back in a week.

The headband on W5000 and AD2000 is almost the exact the same.

Quote:

I mainly listen to classical( orchestral and piano solo) and pop and some pop-rocks.

I recommend you keep the AD2000 for classical music, I do prefer AD2000 on classical and live music over ESW10JPN. But on rock, pop, and hip hop, ESW10JPN kick *****.

Sep 15, 2009 at 2:56 PM Post #92 of 94
hmmmm ,then I have to balance what I prefer, classical or pop.
By the way, can you describe the feel of wearing ESW10 to me?
Is it comfort or intolerably hurt?

Sep 15, 2009 at 8:10 PM Post #94 of 94
Quote:

I would like to ask whether ESW10JPN fits better on ear than the AD2000 does or not.
Now I have AD2000 and get a chance of buying used ESW10.
The problem is that I don't have that much budget. Have to sell AD2000 for the ESW10. Is this worth?
A reason I want to have ESW10JPN is that I don't have any portable headphone or earphone right now( except a fake AKG K324P with a boomy bass). I want to have a good portable one.
But as you can see in this thread, the AD2000 is much better in every ways ( or almost). Without any compare to other headphones( cause I have AD2000 as the first), I am so fascinated in its enormous image and its dynamic. The feels of drum are very, very fantastic.

But, yes, AD2000 has something that bother me.
It is that 'clamp'. I am so hurted. So pain !! for long listening.

I had ES7 before and it still hurt my ear.

Does the ESW10JPN suit me?
And does it hurt me a lot? Compare to the AD2000.

I mainly listen to classical( orchestral and piano solo) and pop and some pop-rocks.

Thank you!

I had the AD2000 with Cardas cable and ESW10 at the same time, and sold the AD2000 because I prefer the sound of the ESW10 a little more. I posted about it in another users thread reviewing the two. It took me about 2 days to get used to the supra-aural pad pressure and now they are very cozy. After a while I decided I liked the ESW10 more than my Edition 9 and sold those two. As for closed cans, my LA7000 beat them (or the R10 I can't afford) but these are still very nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back