I Have The V-Moda M80s. So What's Next?
Jul 22, 2014 at 3:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

thdarkshadow

New Head-Fier
I listen mostly to music similar to pop, country and classical and sometimes I listen to jazz. I have been very satisfied with the M80s so far and they sound great. they seem to be pretty well what I like. relatively balanced (I think) while not being boring. I don't have a wide experience with headphones but the ones I have tried are the Bose AE2 (which were just awful), Monster Inspiration (they had a TON of bass), Sennheiser HD 360 Pro(they have next to no bass but an EQ helps), and then obviously I have the Vmoda M80. 

I want closed back as I will be using them in my living room with my family watching TV or other stuff so I don't want to hear them or for them to hear my music. I would like to use it with my phone (moto g) so I can move around the house but if not thats not going to be a deal breaker. I also want over ear as I find it more comfortable and I already have pretty good on ear

I am looking to spend at most $300. The M-100 seem like the logical choice but people say that they have stronger bass and treble so Idk if I would like that. I would go listen to them but there isn't anywhere near here to demo headphones other than BestBuy and they just have beats and Bose with a couple other cheaper headphones. So here's what I am looking at so far:

V-moda m100

Sennheiser momentum

And anything you all can suggest that is closed over ear.

If I missed anything just ask

Thanks,
Shadow

Jul 22, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #4 of 6
Nad vs momentum
http://www.head-fi.org/t/706770/nad-hp50s-vs-momentums-a-short-review-comparison

Just a review
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/i-love-these-headphonesthe-nad-viso-hp50

Jul 23, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #6 of 6
I ended up buying the momentums. The reasons were that the momentums were $50 less and I could buy them from amazon. The HP50 I would have to buy from a third party if I was buying at amazon. And everyone keeps saying stuff about how the HP50 sounds different (but better) because of "room sound" I got kinda scared I might not like it. Also the bass was controversial. And last but not least the build of the momentums are quite a bit better in looks and durability from what I could find. It all just kinda added up for me.
Thanks so much for the help! The links you gave me were a TON of help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back