I have pulled the trigger
Dec 9, 2010 at 4:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

akart

100+ Head-Fier
Folks,

I have made a reservation for the T1 + StageDAC + Concerto combination. I can't wait to get it. :)

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:17 PM Post #2 of 10
Awesome!

Can't wait to hear some impressions on the setup.

Dec 12, 2010 at 12:26 AM Post #4 of 10
Firstly, I'm not a DIY person when it comes to things like this.

Secondly, I would prefer a setup where the components play well with each other (DAC+AMP+headphone combo). This does not mean to say that the amp you mentioned and the DAC + headphones won't have good synergy - it's just that I don't want to discover otherwise after getting it.

Thirdly, the concept of a active balanced ground was very attractive to me, partly because I know very well what it means and how it affects the noise floor - I was a student of advanced analog circuit design.

In conclusion, I'm very happy with my choice, especially after reading all the extremely positive reviews. In fact, this was one SS amp for which reviews were unanimously positive.

Thank you,
AJ

Quote:
Quote:
Folks,

I have made a reservation for the T1 + StageDAC + Concerto combination. I can't wait to get it. :)

Read this:
http://www.headfonia.com/hifimediy-tk2050-amplifier/

Dec 12, 2010 at 1:02 AM Post #6 of 10

Quote:
Well, glad you like it. Welcome to Head-fi, sorry about your wallet!

And that is precisely one of the reasons I did not go in for a tube amp. And Dr. Meier sells good stuff to begin with (according to reviews. I will find out for myself when I get it if this is, in fact, true - and I hope it is) and does not offer upgrade options.

Dec 12, 2010 at 1:21 AM Post #10 of 10
Yes that is the hope! I do enjoy fine music a lot (I mostly listen to Jazz, Classical, Orchestra music, Electronica, New Age), so I hope the T1 will serve me well.

I think you're a very fortunate 13 year old! Enjoy the music and don't worry about getting another amp. Its the music, not the equipment!

Quote:
Oh my. That is a gargantuan leap! Hope you'll be able to appreciate the sound.

As a 13 year old with HD650's the Concerto is a bit out of my price range XP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back