I have my hands ON the Sony X1000 Walkman - Impressions / Discussions
Aug 27, 2009 at 9:03 AM Post #2,146 of 3,761
Is there a possibility that Sony will release a firmware for this thing? I really really really really really really like on-the-go playlist and I really don't know how to make one in WMP11. I also like the SensMe on the other DAP which is a neat little feature.

What software do you guys use?

Aug 27, 2009 at 12:56 PM Post #2,147 of 3,761
Hello all,

Not sure if this has been covered in here yet (this thread is getting stupid!) but I have found a tagger program that must incorporate album art into track tags, meaning that you don't have to upload your tracks with WMP in order for them to show up.

This program also finds the album art automatically, albeit rather slowly.... good things come to those who wait I guess.

It's called the "Jaikoz Audio Tagger", it can be a bit clunky but it works!

sorry if this has been covered before.

Adam

Aug 27, 2009 at 2:13 PM Post #2,148 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio-Fi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there a possibility that Sony will release a firmware for this thing? I really really really really really really like on-the-go playlist and I really don't know how to make one in WMP11. I also like the SensMe on the other DAP which is a neat little feature.

What software do you guys use?

Playlists In WMP 11 are easy. Have uploaded many on my player. What point are you getting stuck at maybe i can help.. Please note for WMP 11 the music that you add to the player should be from the same destination where you are going to make playlists from .. otherwise it seems to add duplicate files to the player ..

For ex: c:\music\album --Load into player
Playlist : Hit create playlist on WMP , Select songs from C:\music\album -- and then save. Right click "Add to Sync" and you are good to go

BTW if you are doing Auto sync make sure that playlist are saved in the same folder. I don't do Auto sync .. manual gives me more control

Aug 27, 2009 at 6:26 PM Post #2,149 of 3,761
Anyone purchased the Tuff Luv antiglare screen protector for the X series? Does the sheet cover the front whole (including the curvy part at the Home button) or only the display screen portion?

Amazon.com: Tuff-Luv Topcoat Enhanced Anti-Glare Screen protection for Sony Walkman -Series X (NWZ-X1050 NWZ-X1060): Electronics

Many thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 27, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #2,150 of 3,761
Aug 27, 2009 at 7:48 PM Post #2,152 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by elu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the info mate.

Actually, it does not cover home button, its cut around it.

Aug 27, 2009 at 9:41 PM Post #2,153 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by animalsrush /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Playlists In WMP 11 are easy. Have uploaded many on my player. What point are you getting stuck at maybe i can help.. Please note for WMP 11 the music that you add to the player should be from the same destination where you are going to make playlists from .. otherwise it seems to add duplicate files to the player ..

For ex: c:\music\album --Load into player
Playlist : Hit create playlist on WMP , Select songs from C:\music\album -- and then save. Right click "Add to Sync" and you are good to go

BTW if you are doing Auto sync make sure that playlist are saved in the same folder. I don't do Auto sync .. manual gives me more control

I have a lot of computers. Right now I am away from my main one. I am currently using my laptop. So I do not have access of my music, I only have the ones on the X. So is it possible to create playlist off of the X and not the computer's library? Also everytime I sync with WMP11 it always getting converted to 192kbps WMA file so I just drag and drop.

Aug 28, 2009 at 12:35 AM Post #2,155 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZARIM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To me in term of soundquality X series walkman is very close to 5.5G iMod

Just curious how can you compare that? The iMod is just purely a source and the sound is affected heavily by the amp you use with it.

Aug 28, 2009 at 3:47 AM Post #2,156 of 3,761
I used 5.5G iMod iPod with Tomahawk, ALO 22AWG Cryo dock and Klipsch Custom 3(to me the clarity is same).

Aug 28, 2009 at 3:53 AM Post #2,157 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just curious how can you compare that? The iMod is just purely a source and the sound is affected heavily by the amp you use with it.

ALso SONY x is cheaper than IMOD, It' s amplifier is good.

Aug 28, 2009 at 7:14 AM Post #2,158 of 3,761
It's awesome how Zenses 2 Beta is compatible with this player. My Last.Fm account badly needed updating.

I agree that this is a very special player, indeed. Songs never sounded so natural, so detailed. It really is worth the money.
I can say that the UM3x's sound almost full-sized with this player.

Aug 28, 2009 at 2:03 PM Post #2,159 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio-Fi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a lot of computers. Right now I am away from my main one. I am currently using my laptop. So I do not have access of my music, I only have the ones on the X. So is it possible to create playlist off of the X and not the computer's library? Also everytime I sync with WMP11 it always getting converted to 192kbps WMA file so I just drag and drop.

You can't create playlists directly in X. So if you don't have a master repository of music handy .. this is what i would do if you really need playlist. It is cloogy but will work. First don't sync with WMP11. If it is force converting ur MP3s i believe there is a setting in options you can turn off.. but don't sync. When u connect your player to computer .. it shows up as external flash drive. Copy the whole music folder to a different location .. In WMP 11 link that location to library.. So now your whole X music collection is showing up in library. now go ahead and create playlist and add to player .. It may add it without duplicating otherwise just flush your X 1060 and add music again and you are set... As i said it is cloogy but will get you what you want. Also in future you can use this new folder as your sync folder and you are set

Aug 28, 2009 at 2:04 PM Post #2,160 of 3,761
Quote:

Originally Posted by dissembled /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's awesome how Zenses 2 Beta is compatible with this player. My Last.Fm account badly needed updating.

I agree that this is a very special player, indeed. Songs never sounded so natural, so detailed. It really is worth the money.
I can say that the UM3x's sound almost full-sized with this player.

Looks like you are slowing warming up to the synergy of UM3x and this player.. I really love this combo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back