I don't think I am going to see my rs-1/sr-71/dej2000 again..neighbors
Jul 4, 2005 at 2:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

bhd812

Headphoneus Supremus
So My neighbors have been going through alot in the last month. Basiclly the girl you all read about last year ran away and has not come home in over a month. Well I am sort of a older brother to the old brother and younger sister so I have been trying to get their minds off the stress of their sister running away by taking them out and just doing stupid stuff with them..you know something different I guess so there not stuck in the house with the parents who you could imagine are going crazy in their own rite.

Well The younger sister "jackie" has a dead on personality of mine, kind of crazy but very open and what not. Since the older sister ran away Jackie and sometimes the older brother have been over my house a few times to listen to some jazz or what ever I play on my speaker rig.
Jackie loves cold play so I got her the new cd and she said she was going to go to her room and listen to it on her headphones....

Now being a headfi member I seen something most people wouldnt. My next question was how often she listened to the headphones and she said alot.
I told her to hold on I will cook her up a decent setup..lol
I brought out my sr-71,Grado rs-1,cardas mini to mini,and the sony d-ej2000.
I asked her today what she thought of them and of course she said she loved them and what not and she was going to listen again now.
I asked her if she wants to try out the ps-1's or the rest of the line up and she said she dont wanna let go of the rs-1's....lol

I know I am taking a risk by letting her borrow this stuff but I trust her with it. the thing is I might not ever get it back..lol

anything as in advice?
thank you
Billy D

Jul 4, 2005 at 5:19 PM Post #3 of 13
bhd, I think you're doing a nice thing for the poor girl. I'm sure the RS-1's add a lot of life to her otherwise dark life. On the one hand, they are your RS-1's, but on the other hand, she probably benefits from the RS-1's a lot more than you do. Since you have a lot of Grados and obviously a lot of cash, I think you should let her keep them. If you need your SR-71 and your Sony CD player, I would take those back and buy her an alternative source. Maybe a Toshiba DVD player and a MINT.

Jul 4, 2005 at 6:53 PM Post #4 of 13
I wouldn't. The family sounds pretty flakey to me. Consider them gone if you do...

Jul 4, 2005 at 7:52 PM Post #6 of 13
Sounds like you're willing to part with it. If not then let her borrow something else like MD1032 suggested.
Then you can let her borrow it as long as she needs it.

I hope that everything will be better soon with the situation your neighbors are in. Must be tough on you too!

Jul 5, 2005 at 3:20 AM Post #7 of 13
Billy D>First question off- Is she a babe?

The next thing is. Ha, told you the Rs-1's fanboys/girls know what the deal is.

What a babe. She likes the Rs-1's.....
rs1smile.gif

Jul 5, 2005 at 3:39 AM Post #8 of 13
Billy i don't see a prob with you lending out your gear the way you see fit. As long as it isn't being used as a Sonic Lollipop to fulfil any Lolita complexes you might be harboring for the younger sis!
icon10.gif

Jul 5, 2005 at 3:45 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
Billy i don't see a prob with you lending out your gear the way you see fit. As long as it isn't being used as a Sonic Lollipop to fulfil any Lolita complexes you might be harboring for the younger sis!
icon10.gif

As long as she's over 18 who cares? Well she has got wood...

Jul 5, 2005 at 3:55 AM Post #10 of 13
Well if you can trust a person to be responsible with your gear then no prob. Your items aren't super rare either so they can be replaceable. I wonder why start someone with RS1s and not like SR60s.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Well she has got wood...

Something about this doesn't sound right.
tongue.gif

Jul 5, 2005 at 5:04 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Billy D>First question off- Is she a babe?

The next thing is. Ha, told you the Rs-1's fanboys/girls know what the deal is.

What a babe. She likes the Rs-1's.....
rs1smile.gif

the younger sister (and I only see her as a younger sister) is 15.

the older sister is the one I was umm...dating I guess you can say, But she had to do what ever she felt rite in her mind so one day she just left the family..like I said it was over a month and no sign of her coming back (Knowing the girl like I do I wont see her again ever). So the family is sort of seeing me as a link or someone that they knew threw the sister that ran away (this girl mentioned my name in that house everyday for the last 7years).

I feel bad for the family you know, the first week I was there so I could take off some of their pain and anger by talking with them and what not. The brother got it the worest at first cause she used him as the excuse to leave, so at first he was on a suicide road and I talked with him and gave him the advice as a older brother..and now either know he is still mad at the sis he has really matured since she left..sort of he became a man I guess.
the mother is in bad shape and if she dont settle down soon I dont give her till christmas to be alive, she was in the emergency room cause of some kinds of blood knots in her hand???..not sure but she is going down fast (of course being a mother what would one expect). the father is almost all gray and two months ago he had jet black hair, he also had to go to the doctor for bleeding uclers..
the younger sister is at that age where she is getting sort of serious with the boys if you catch my drift. I see a pattern in her and its not a good one niether if you catch my drift..

So I needed to set her mind on something else and she loves audio stuff..why not the best for the girl..infact I seen her outside today with the rs-1's on...I really did have a tear in my eyes cause her smile on her face was a smile we all know well.

Not sure what else I can do for the family but I gurrantee you all this family will not fall apart with me on the clock..its not going to happen!
Of course I am feeling alot of the weight and at times I was down but I can survive and take some more ..lol

Jul 5, 2005 at 6:06 AM Post #13 of 13
I say let her use them as long as you feel comfortable with it. I've tried doing what you're doing with my own family, and it really hasn't worked out all that well, but things are still holding together. Its really cool that you're doing this for people who really aren't your responsibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back