I commited Headfi sacrilege! Bought a pair if Beats solo 2's.
Jun 17, 2014 at 1:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

orl2222

100+ Head-Fier
Ok, before I get bashed to death on here, let me tell you why. I picked up a new ipad mini, and tried my different cans on them, just wasn't satisfied. I tired the senns  momentous, which are good phones, but I didn't like the fact that they needed a amp to my ears to properly  drive them on my ipad mini.( I did keep them for home use ).
Are the Solo 2's bass heavy, yes they are but, I've heard a lot worse. The mids are more pronounced, and the highs are there as well.
I broke them in for 48 hours, and the mids and highs got more pronounced. I'm not gonna get into technical terms here , because we all know the buzz words that are used about headphones here.

Yes, the have a in your face sound, but I will admit, they bring something to the table that is often forgotten here, they actually give my music a " fun" sound that was missing. With a lil bit of eqing, they sound good to me.

Are the a bit overpriced, probably, but I have spent a lot more on cans that I have bought thru the years, that now sit in my closet.
Again, to me it's all about how they sound to you. Would I recommend these to prospective buyers, that depends are you own tastes, always try before you buy with your own source equipment.

Jun 17, 2014 at 1:47 AM Post #2 of 4
I actually thought these were about par with the on ear Momentums and a far cry from the craptastic original Solos. Pretty happy with the fact that these are actually relatively competitive at its price point.

Aug 26, 2014 at 2:38 AM Post #4 of 4
I got a pair of these with some extra store credit at best buy. They definitely sounds better than the old solos. Less bass heavy and a lot more balanced. They sound surprisingly good with rock music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back