I can only buy one of these and no other. Which one should I get?
Feb 13, 2011 at 10:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Dhruv

New Head-Fier
The following are the only headphones that I can buy, its impossible for me to buy any other which one should I choose. Also note I'm looking for good bass response, with a well balanced sounds, good mids and highs that don't clip too much when volume is set to loud. The head phones I can buy are:
Sennheiser HD 202(If this is as good as the others or a little less good then this will be preferred as it is the cheapest)
Sennheiser HD 438
Sennheiser HD 448
Panasonic Technics RP F600
Panasonic Technics RP F880
Panasonic Technics RP F300
Please help. Thank you!

Feb 13, 2011 at 11:15 AM Post #2 of 12
I suggest going with the HD438.  It has an excellent bass driven sound signature.

Feb 13, 2011 at 1:16 PM Post #3 of 12

Quote:
I suggest going with the HD438.  It has an excellent bass driven sound signature.

Ok Cool Thanx! Also how is the HD 202, incase my budget goes down are they worth the price or no?? Are technics products any good or should I stick with sennheiser(I have had a good experience with most sennheiser products)?

Feb 13, 2011 at 1:36 PM Post #4 of 12
You're refering to Audio-Technica's product line?  Yes, they're just as good as Sennheiser's stuff and yes, the HD202 is still a good option for ya.

Feb 13, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #5 of 12
OP is referring to Technics, not Audio Technica, which has been bought by Panasonic, hence the name.

Feb 13, 2011 at 2:07 PM Post #7 of 12
Well, my Technics RP-F290 are quite balanced, and they can get loud without fear of clipping or distortion. Right now they're on gaming duty both because they perform surprisingly good on that, and because my XD-53 take the spotlight
wink.gif
There was a topic that compared RP-F290 and RP-F300 and they are supposed to be almost the same, with the F300 having a smaller frequency response, I think. But I can be wrong.

Anyway, what I'm saying is that I also like to have bass but not at the expense of the rest of the frequency range, and the F290 did perform quite good on that matter, specially for the price, which is equal or lower than the HD202, at least where I live.

Feb 13, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #8 of 12

Quote:
OP is referring to Technics, not Audio Technica, which has been bought by Panasonic, hence the name.

Ah, that's right!  *smacks forehead*  Note to self, read carefully all posts before responding.

Feb 13, 2011 at 11:30 PM Post #9 of 12
By the way whats your opinion on Skullcandy headphones? I'm not too sure about them though as I have heard alot of negatives on how they are more focused on design and looks rather than on sound. My cousin found the skullcandy to have better sound than the HD202 (slightly more expensive) But then again teenagers, plus I don't think the kids very much into music as much as I am (My collection spanning Jazz, Classical, Rock, Hard Rock, Electronica). So I just wanted a bit of a professional opinion.

Feb 13, 2011 at 11:36 PM Post #10 of 12
You should delete that last post and pretend you never asked that question. That should tell you how those headphones are thought of around here.

Feb 14, 2011 at 3:39 AM Post #12 of 12

I was just asking cuz I haven't heard them personally but yeah I know that they are really bad which is why I have never myself even looked towards the head candy section when buying headphones previously, same goes for Bose. These I've tried and thrown(were my friends) off of my head, they were horrible! Extremely low volume, no bass response, high pitchy treble and he bought them for 200 GBP!!! But then I can't really blame him as it's that way with most people today : Looks Over Quality. So now I'm thinking of getting the sennheiser HD 202s(1450 INR = 29$), I'll check my cousins once before I buy them cuz I have heard alot about them and I could definitely use the extra money on other things that I had to get.
Quote:
You should delete that last post and pretend you never asked that question. That should tell you how those headphones are thought of around here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back