I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impressions thread
Jun 24, 2013 at 3:17 AM Post #466 of 1,630
Quote:
Yes. As for the amp, there's not much point since the HDP-R10 is supposed to be an all in 1 DAP. However, if you want an amp to drive something like the LCD-3 better, maybe get an ALO RX-MKIII B.

Thanks lin0003. I think I won't need an amp for a long time. When I bought it and if still I have questions in my mind, I will ask here.

Jun 26, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #467 of 1,630
What is the difference between 6.3 mm HO and 3.5 mm HO? Well, I mean, apart from their size. Does 6.3mm HO provide more power? I think it is a nice touch to have that option in a DAP but apart from DX100 and C4 no one have it. In C4 it provides more power what about DX100 / HDP R10?

Jun 26, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #469 of 1,630
So it does affect the sound. Is it more powerful you mean or what is the difference in between exactly? I know pretty much every headphone purchase come with an adapter for 6.3mm but honestly I didn't have a chance to use them so they just stay around there doing nothing. Since I am about to get that DAP I wanted to learn if there is a difference or not.

Jun 26, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #470 of 1,630
In my experience (and with my IEMs) the 3.5mm HO sounds more natural, with very lively and smooth mids. The 6.3mm seems to be more focused on the treble and, while giving a somewhat wider soundstage, it sounds more hifi  and slightly grainy to me. Please keep in mind the effects most likely will depend on the specific model of IEM/cable used.

Jun 26, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #471 of 1,630
Thanks rmap, very nice explanation 
wink.gif

Jun 26, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #475 of 1,630
I agree the UI seems more responsive and easier to use on HDP-R10. Sound wise I also prefer the HDP-R10.

We have the same impression
I and my friends have already compared DX100 vs HDPR 10
With many headphone and even active speaker .
The winner is my HDP R10 , the SQ more balance and very clean and more black background .

Jun 26, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #476 of 1,630
Importing it to Eu will cost around 700 euros. I think price/performance it is a killer. I really don't mind it's size and I won't use it with amp. I was thinking Portaphile but it uses same opamp627, I don't think it will improve the sound of R10. Any ideas about it? Any suggestions for portable amp?

I really think I am going to get this, nothing seems like proving better sound quality and features.

Link Lin already suggested alo Rx 3 B , Intruder and pico power .
The best if I pair with WAGNUS Epsilon S
The SQ from line out is better than from HO, cleaner and more detail
Wider soundstage , better separation.
The reason if you use with external amp with line out , you have pure sound from digital dac chip Sabre ,
If you use HO , it is so kind double amping , not pure SQ from sabre dac chip

Jun 27, 2013 at 3:40 AM Post #477 of 1,630
The reason if you use with external amp with line out , you have pure sound from digital dac chip Sabre ,
That's a very good explanation Rudi!

Jun 27, 2013 at 6:52 AM Post #478 of 1,630
Quote:

You are a great man, thanks! 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back