I am very happy with my current setup
Mar 21, 2004 at 4:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

theaudiohobby

100+ Head-Fier
I am sitting here listening to the AKG K1000 through the Sharp SACD combo and it crossed my mind again that I am very happy with my system, it delivers the goods. sure there are some stuff I will upgrade eventually but all in all anytime I come to listen to my system it brings a smile to my face
biggrin.gif

My main system is

Source: Sony SCD1 redbook transport
Sharp DX SX1 SACD Player

Amplifier: Sharp SM SX1
Speakers: Cyrus Icons X4
ELAC 310iJet

Headphones: AKG K1000

I wonder how many folk feel the same about their present system.

Mar 21, 2004 at 4:16 AM Post #2 of 6
Congrats! I was like that about half a year ago, and now im making a move to upgrade EVERYTHING! Oh, goodness, my poor poor wallet.
frown.gif

I wish I could finally stop adding stuff to my setup, but I still need to find my dream cans, a good source, and make my IC's.

Mar 21, 2004 at 4:20 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by Dan the audioman
Congrats! I was like that about half a year ago, and now im making a move to upgrade EVERYTHING! Oh, goodness, my poor poor wallet.
frown.gif

I wish I could finally stop adding stuff to my setup, but I still need to find my dream cans, a good source, and make my IC's.

I wish you best, I think it is very satisfying to know that a system actually gels and my system now gels
biggrin.gif
, the SCD1 is yet to be modded but it is just icing on the cake. I think after a couple of missteps I now have system that I am very happy with.

Mar 21, 2004 at 4:43 AM Post #4 of 6
I am also happy with my system but I'm still doing tweaks. It's funner than just buying something I think. But after that's done, I'm going to take a break.

I heard kartiks sharp system with my K1000s. I can see how some people like that sound. It wasn't for me though as I prefer tubes.

Mar 21, 2004 at 6:38 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

I am very happy with my current setup

Isn't there some sort of Head-Fi curse that befalls anyone who announces himself satisfied?
evil_smiley.gif

Congrats on a system that really works for you. One of the hardest things for me to recognize is what's enough. The itch to check out just one more component seems to be my downfall. Resist and become an example for the rest of us.
wink.gif

BW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back