I Am Out Of Control
Feb 8, 2011 at 9:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Zuc1

New Head-Fier

I am a noob at quality earphones.

I was given a Bose IE2 in early December.  It sounded better than anything I previously had.  Reading this forum, I got Gary's PA2V2, which made the Bose IE2 sound much better.

Two weeks ago, I got a Klipsch S4.  I like it even more, although I think the S4 requires an equalizer on the music player.

I think I am going to get something else soon and rotate them.

Since this is such a personal preference, I am not asking for anything specific.  I believe I will have to spend a few hundred dollars and decide for myself.

I need your help on a few brands that I should look into.  So far I read about Weston and Shure. I listen to rock and pop. I do like songs with a lot of guitar in it (Slash, Dire Strait, etc.).

Thank you

Feb 8, 2011 at 10:29 AM Post #2 of 7
Which brands you look at should be driven by what kind of sound you want/like.  Do you like the S4?  Most agree it has very strong bass and aggressive highs.  You don't say how you would EQ them (bass up/down, mids up/down, etc,), so it's hard to know what to recommend to you.

Tell us what you would do to the S4, or tell us what you do/don't like about the S4, and then we will have an idea of what to recommend to you.

Feb 8, 2011 at 11:11 AM Post #4 of 7
I don't know the terminology so I will just use yours. 

I do like the S4, but I need to use the EQ to tune down the "aggressive highs".  My EQ setting for the S4 looks like \___ .

I listen to pop and rock.  I do like the guitar in Slash's Sweet Child of Mine, Van Halen's Right Now, Santana, Dire Straits, etc.  I really like Linkin Park.  But I also enjoy David Gray, Collective Soul, Chris Isaac, Snow Patrol, etc.

The cheap earphones kinda mix the sounds together. I really like it when I can separate different sounds from the different instruments.

The S4 also fits my ears very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back