Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jun 25, 2018 at 6:21 AM Post #781 of 18,990
Other than that I use furman linear power conditioners and bars, mostly for insurance and peace of mind. Dont know about sq.

Jun 25, 2018 at 6:58 AM Post #782 of 18,990
Given what's been said what is the optimal solution for a mains power strip that would work in harmony with the supplied power supply.

"the optimal solution for a mains power strip that would work in harmony with the supplied power supply"

Any well made power strip would do for me. ie not something that has come from Poundland etc. I am not sure what you mean about working in harmony though? Do these things fight if left alone in a room together?

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2018 at 7:01 AM Post #783 of 18,990
Electricity works

Jun 25, 2018 at 7:26 AM Post #785 of 18,990
Hmm, there still seems to be no information from Chord regarding the actual weight of a TT2?... Cheers Christer

I've had a email back from Chord and their reply is below, looking at Rob's responce I'd say 2.5kg min - 2.7kg max.

Chord response: "It's 2.5Kg without packaging so yes it's transportable... However unlike the original TT there are no longer any batteries so it will not run unless it is plugged in to an AC supply".

Jun 25, 2018 at 7:30 AM Post #787 of 18,990
I've had a email back from Chord and their reply is below, looking at Rob's responce I'd say 2.5kg min - 2.7kg max.

Chord response: "It's 2.5Kg without packaging so yes it's transportable... However unlike the original TT there are no longer any batteries so it will not run unless it is plugged in to an AC supply".
Thanks for both your and Rob's updates.
I have one more question though . Will TT2 run from a battery pack like the one Rob mentioned somewhere recently?
Cheers Christer

Jun 25, 2018 at 7:38 AM Post #788 of 18,990
E-l-e-c-t-r-c-I-t-y is recommended 110v or 220

Jun 26, 2018 at 12:57 AM Post #793 of 18,990
Thanks for your response again Rob. For how long would it run on a fully charged battery unit like the one you mentioned?
I can squeeze four/five hours of playing time with hi res from my MBP with HUGO.
I haven't tried a battery pack with Qutest yet.
Cheers Christer

I have not run it for long periods - just to see it working, measurements and listening tests (it sounds the same with the mains). But TT2 with HP use is 13W, so the 85W/h should give 6 hours.

How come the batteries were removed from the Hugo TT2? That was one of the best features in the original TT. what kind of battery pack would work with the TT2?

Because the narrative on this thread would be how long it takes to replace the batteries, at what cost... Even though the original TT had almost no failures. What I wanted was battery SQ but mains powered, and with the supercaps, and the large inductive filtering, I have managed that.

A battery pack of 85W/h or more, capable of 3A and 12 to 15v will work fine.

Jun 26, 2018 at 2:57 AM Post #794 of 18,990
Because the narrative on this thread would be how long it takes to replace the batteries, at what cost... Even though the original TT had almost no failures. What I wanted was battery SQ but mains powered, and with the supercaps, and the large inductive filtering, I have managed that.

A battery pack of 85W/h or more, capable of 3A and 12 to 15v will work fine.

Thanks for the reply. I was just curious because I really liked the battery feature of the original TT and thought that would be carried to the next model. However, if removing the batteries improved the SQ and allowed for a more powerful amplifier, then the change was justified. I just wonder what effect removing the power isolation would have on the TT2. Thanks for your response.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #795 of 18,990
Thanks for the reply. I was just curious because I really liked the battery feature of the original TT and thought that would be carried to the next model. However, if removing the batteries improved the SQ and allowed for a more powerful amplifier, then the change was justified. I just wonder what effect removing the power isolation would have on the TT2. Thanks for your response.

No one said removing the batteries improved SQ!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back