Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Mar 31, 2024 at 11:07 AM Post #18,859 of 18,905
Alright nice, thank you for your quick answer. What about a powerconditioner like Audioquest got some. Do I get some improvements there?
You can get improvements using a very well build psu like farrad or sbooster. I use that for my mscaler and tt2, that will give a upgrade.You get a lot of improvement with mscaler, and a good improvement with the tt2, doing that) But a powerconditioner not so much.

Mar 31, 2024 at 11:25 AM Post #18,860 of 18,905
You can get improvements using a very well build psu like farrad or sbooster. I use that for my mscaler and tt2, that will give a upgrade.You get a lot of improvement with mscaler, and a good improvement with the tt2, doing that) But a powerconditioner not so much.
Oh okay I heard s Lpsu is possible on the M-Scaler but not on the TT2 because of warranty issues if there is something getting burned

Mar 31, 2024 at 11:51 AM Post #18,861 of 18,905
It won't have a significant improvement for the TT2, due to the super caps. It could have an improvement to the M Scaler. Any warranty issues would be the same for both.

I have an Sbooster coming in tomorrow for my M Scaler. I'm not expecting a huge improvement, but we'll see.

Mar 31, 2024 at 12:05 PM Post #18,862 of 18,905
Oh okay I heard s Lpsu is possible on the M-Scaler but not on the TT2 because of warranty issues if there is something getting burned

It won't have a significant improvement for the TT2, due to the super caps. It could have an improvement to the M Scaler. Any warranty issues would be the same for both.

I have an Sbooster coming in tomorrow for my M Scaler. I'm not expecting a huge improvement, but we'll see.
It all depends what equipment is behind it. I noticed quite the improvement on both. Less with headphones, huge with a decent desktop amp and speakers.

I constantly hear the same comments about no improvement om the TT2, but everytime (well most of time) they never tried it with a high end hegel like a h590, or a musical fidelity 800 nu vista flag ship amp and some decent flagship speakers from dynaudio, martin logan, sonus faber etc….)

So caps or not, even with the tt2 you get a decent improvement, but if you have to start with one psu, then first replace the mscaler one, that one benefits the most of the two.

Mar 31, 2024 at 3:14 PM Post #18,863 of 18,905
Alright nice, thank you for your quick answer. What about a powerconditioner like Audioquest got some. Do I get some improvements there?
I tried some power supplies with TT2 not worth the effort because of super caps.
M scaler is more affected by power supply changes.

With TT2 stick with stock one. Don't bother.

Mar 31, 2024 at 6:20 PM Post #18,864 of 18,905
I tried some power supplies with TT2 not worth the effort because of super caps.
M scaler is more affected by power supply changes.

With TT2 stick with stock one. Don't bother.
Depends with equipment you connect it to, caps or no caps, even the tt2 benefits from a clean lps (maybe less than the mscaler, it does). But you need the right ears and equipment to hear it. Because with the tt2 it is more subtle than with the mscaler. (Do both and you are rewarded)

Apr 1, 2024 at 1:10 PM Post #18,865 of 18,905
Hey everyone, I currently have a Chord TT2. Is the dac/amp powerful enough to drive headphones like DCA Expanse, ZMF Caldera, Focal Utopia and Meze Elite?

TIA

I used to run TT2 directly to Caldera + Elite. Definitely able to drive these headphone well, especially for this price and size, simply hard to beat.

Apr 4, 2024 at 11:33 AM Post #18,868 of 18,905
Apologies if this has been asked, I'm new to this thread. The good ol Chord upgrade path has gotten me and I'm on a roll. I am about to buy a Hugo TT2 on the used market and I want to ask one thing before I do. I see some places listing a "Chord Electronics Hugo TT2 DSD DAC/Headphone Amplifier" as well as a "Chord Electronics Hugo TT2 Dac/Headphone Amplifier" I have searched google and the Chord website to see if there is a difference between the two, one listed with DSD in the title and the other not, and have found no actual information stating that there are two separate models. Do you all happen to know if there is a difference and if so what it is?

Apr 4, 2024 at 11:43 AM Post #18,869 of 18,905
Apologies if this has been asked, I'm new to this thread. The good ol Chord upgrade path has gotten me and I'm on a roll. I am about to buy a Hugo TT2 on the used market and I want to ask one thing before I do. I see some places listing a "Chord Electronics Hugo TT2 DSD DAC/Headphone Amplifier" as well as a "Chord Electronics Hugo TT2 Dac/Headphone Amplifier" I have searched google and the Chord website to see if there is a difference between the two, one listed with DSD in the title and the other not, and have found no actual information stating that there are two separate models. Do you all happen to know if there is a difference and if so what it is?

No there is just one tt2 model. Which supports dsd over pcm (DOP).

Enjoy the tt2👍🏼 (nxt thing will be the mscaler, that happened to me😂, the tt2+mscaler is a dream machine combi)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back