HTF-600S headband snapped. Replacement headphones?
Jul 23, 2012 at 8:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Gensou

100+ Head-Fier
I bought these Panasonic HTF-600 headphones a while back. They were pretty comfy and the sound was nice. My headband snapped yesterday and I am using them as speakers at the moment with the volume on max.
I am looking for a replacement. I was thinking maybe to try different headphones if they are better. Right now my options are:
HARX700
HARX900
New pair of HTF-600S

I like the bass but not too overwhelming, I watch a ton of movies and do some online gaming. I listen to Post-Soviet era rock music and pretty much anything on hypem.com

Jul 27, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #3 of 15
Quote:
I bought these Panasonic HTF-600 headphones a while back. They were pretty comfy and the sound was nice. My headband snapped yesterday and I am using them as speakers at the moment with the volume on max.
I am looking for a replacement. I was thinking maybe to try different headphones if they are better. Right now my options are:
HARX700
HARX900
New pair of HTF-600S

I like the bass but not too overwhelming, I watch a ton of movies and do some online gaming. I listen to Post-Soviet era rock music and pretty much anything on hypem.com

Another pair of RP-HTF600-S and the Beyerdynamic EDT 200 Velour ear pads.

Jul 27, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #6 of 15
Jul 27, 2012 at 8:55 PM Post #8 of 15
Quote:
You said EDT 200, do you mean EDT 250? 
Also, people are voting for HARX700. How does it compare to the HTF600s?

My best "guess", the Beyerdynamic DT250 headphones use the EDT 200 Velour ear pads.
The EDT 200 pads are what i bought for use with my HTF600s.

I'm guessing there use to be Beyer DT-200 headphones which used EDT 200 ear pads
and they use the same ear pads the newer Beyer DT250 headphones.
somewhere along the line beyer change the ear pads model number from EDT 200 to EDT 250 (V).

I have not used my HA-RX900s in years, so no idea on how they compare to HTF600
I do prefer open or semi-open headphones myself.

Jul 27, 2012 at 11:40 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:
I don't have any super glue, if I did I wouldn't be using these headphones as speakers right now lol

If you're strapped for cash and there is nothing wrong with these cans other than the headband I suggest getting a epoxy designed for plastic. Normal glue isn't strong enough and super glue is brittle if used on anything that flexes. A epoxy designed to be used on plastic will give strength and elasticity, but it isn't the easiest thing to work with if you've never used it before. Cost about $3-7 at any Homedepot of other comparable store. Weather you buy a new pair of buy glue you're still gunna have to wait be it going out and getting the item or waiting for delivery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back