Htc One
May 22, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #226 of 533
I am interested in the HTC One partly because of it's ability to be used with a portable DAC. I really could care less about how it sounds out of the headphone jack since I would use it with my E17 as a transport. I just wish Verizon would get it, or a variant of it. Maybe Verizon will get a red one with expandable memory.
Quote:
Hey guys, ive read the whol thread and it is really fascinating how the users of the Htc One are impressed.

I had an Iphone for 1 year and the Sound was the best ive ever listened to.

It was an Iphone 4s and the Sound quality was 100% important of my choice.

Now i want to move to the HTC One because of the New "Boomy" Sound and in other things it is really a powerful Smartphone.

What do you think? Is the HTC One in Sound quality on the same level like an Iphone 4s.

Listened to it with the Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10, which is a great Multiple Drivers in Ear.

I hpoe you can help my decision, when I know that the HTC beats the Iphone in Sound quality now, or is the same, I would definitely buy the HTC One.

Im excited to know which one is better :)

May 22, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #227 of 533
Quote:
I am interested in the HTC One partly because of it's ability to be used with a portable DAC. I really could care less about how it sounds out of the headphone jack since I would use it with my E17 as a transport. I just wish Verizon would get it, or a variant of it. Maybe Verizon will get a red one with expandable memory.

Do u think with a portable dac like Fiio e6, it would be my configuration, i could get the linear Iphone sound? 

Somebody said the HTC One sounds fatiguing?

May 22, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #228 of 533
The E6 isn't a DAC, it's just an amp. The HTC One can actually feed the E17 with a digital signal and let the E17's DAC do the decoding, and then let the E17's amp do the amping. Which means the HTC One would just be a transport. 
Quote:
Do u think with a portable dac like Fiio e6, it would be my configuration, i could get the linear Iphone sound? 

Somebody said the HTC One sounds fatiguing?

May 22, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #229 of 533
What im interested in is the Sound quality now, between Iphone and Htc One, when I know htc one is more worse than Iphone, i would definetly go for the Iphone, because im audiophile, the sound is really important for me, so the source for my Ultimate Ears.

May 22, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #230 of 533
Yea, I know what question you want answered. I was just stating that even if the headphone jack does indeed not sound that great, that the One can be used with a USB DAC instead. For me I really prefer full size cans, so I don't have a problem carrying around a small amp/DAC. I already carry and use my E17 with my iPhone 4 since my iPhone doesn't power my T50rp well enough on it's own. So I was just saying that for me personally it doesn't matter to me as long as the One will work with a DAC, which it indeed does do. 
Quote:
What im interested in is the Sound quality now, between Iphone and Htc One, when I know htc one is more worse than Iphone, i would definetly go for the Iphone, because im audiophile, the sound is really important for me, so the source for my Ultimate Ears.

May 22, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #232 of 533
Quote:
We both can wait now and hope someone will answer our questions :D

The sound out of the headphone jack is perfectly fine if you have efficient headphones.

Also make sure your headphone's impedence is greater than ~20ohms as there is very faint signal noise and more sensitive headphones may exaggerate them significantly (Sony XBA-4 for example).

May 22, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #233 of 533
Does that mean, the sound quality can be put in a same place like the Iphone 5's one?
Quote:

The sound out of the headphone jack is perfectly fine if you have efficient headphones.

Also make sure your headphone's impedence is greater than ~20ohms as there is very faint signal noise and more sensitive headphones may exaggerate them significantly (Sony XBA-4 for example).

May 22, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #235 of 533
Well, the iPhone 4 supposedly sounds better than the 5 according to most who have heard both, so...
Quote:
I haven't tried the iPhone 5, but it does sound better than the iPhone 4 and especially the Galaxy S2 to my ears.

May 23, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #236 of 533
The E17 works with the One???

May 23, 2013 at 12:46 PM Post #238 of 533
May 24, 2013 at 4:34 AM Post #240 of 533
I have had the iPhone 4, 4S and 5. The HTC One is better than all of them. The HTC also has better Bluetooth audio as it had the apt-x codec for very high quality Bluetooth stereo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back