Htc One
May 12, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #181 of 533
Huxley,

No, I'm running OrDroid, I started out on TrickDroid, but - that seemed too close to stock for my liking...  Got up to date radio, firmware and everything, and - sim free, so - am good to go for anything :)

...Just wish I could've gotten a developer edition (to get S-OFF), is painful to me to have to use ADB to get some things onto the phone (although those helpful folk over at XDA make it quite painless I suppose)...

XPower Audio, will check that out now...

<Doh, sorry XPower is what I've been using for a while, but - I have gone to the Xperia Z version - as that is up to version 14, versus version 3 of the One version - works just fine - that one can be found here - by the same dev obviously...> 

May 12, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #182 of 533
Apologies for my ignorance, but can someone briefly summarise what the 'Developer Edition' actually is / means?
 (I have read this entire thread, BTW)

Many thanks

May 12, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #183 of 533
Quote:
...Just wish I could've gotten a developer edition (to get S-OFF), is painful to me to have to use ADB to get some things onto the phone (although those helpful folk over at XDA make it quite painless I suppose)...

From what I've read the developer edition is still S-On.

So far I am the only person I am aware of with an S-Off handset!

May 12, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #184 of 533
Quote:
Apologies for my ignorance, but can someone briefly summarise what the 'Developer Edition' actually is / means?
 (I have read this entire thread, BTW)

Many thanks

In light of what NZ has just said, the only advantage to the developer edition is that ALL bands are unlocked for 3G, 4G etc. so, it can literally be used in any country in the world...

All others have certain bands / frequencies locked (in a loosely similar way to DVD / Blu-ray region coding)

May 13, 2013 at 2:52 AM Post #187 of 533
May 13, 2013 at 3:24 AM Post #189 of 533
Quote:
well you can get an s-off with the help of xda :) (if they hacked that, and i think they did)

S-Off is still not available as far as I'm aware (just checked XDA and nothing there). It will come, but it isn't there yet.

May 15, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #195 of 533
Has anybody tried the HTC One with low impedence headphones/IEMs?

I think I finally found the first "fault" with the One, having just bought some Sony XBA-4s, I am getting pretty bad distortion/loss when I turn the volume up above about 70% on the HTC One.
The XBA-4s have an impedence of 8 ohms so I'm assuming the HTC One simply outputs too much voltage with its inbuilt amp.

Any ideas as to how I could get around this issue?

Edit: I might add that I have ruled out faulty IEMs in this instance because I also tried the XBA-4s out of my desktop setup and there was no audible distortion when the volume was played as loud or louder than via the HTC One. In fact the XBA-4s sounded amazing from my STX -> M-stage in comparison to the HTC One which had no issues when paired with my Atrio M5 MG7s (32 ohms)... 
confused_face_2.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back