Htc One
Apr 7, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #46 of 533
Despite Neuron having more 'pro' features, I just find the sound 'lumpy' on the One compared to PowerAmp, so - deleted...

:frowning2:

Apr 7, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #47 of 533
Just had a listen, as duncan says neutron isn't a good match so off it goes.

Okay stock vs poweramp, pa has a touch more clarity and a bit more spatial, details are coming through a touch more.

Stock is darker and more laid back, details still come through though.

Truthfully it's close, I still like stock for it's feel.

When you start flashing the difference would be minimal I would imagine.

Apr 7, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #48 of 533
One quick addition.

Thanks to poweramp you really get to feel the power and capability of this device, it's unlike any phone or media device I've owned.

And thanks to it being a qualcomm device mods will come thick and fast once the dev editions are released.

Apr 7, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #49 of 533
Quote:
One quick addition.

Thanks to poweramp you really get to feel the power and capability of this device, it's unlike any phone or media device I've owned.

And thanks to it being a qualcomm device mods will come thick and fast once the dev editions are released.

Agreed completely...  there are some tracks that when listening my jaw literally (in somewhat of a clichéd way) drops, it is scarily good for a mobile phone...

...Definitely looking forward to what the modders can do with it :)

Apr 9, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #52 of 533
Quote:
So you not recommending to install this mod? have you tried? 

No, quite the opposite, apologies if my negative was taken the incorrect way...

I have it installed, and it works really well :)

Apr 9, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #53 of 533
How's the usual Android hiss doing here?

If the noise floor is low enough for sensitive iems i might be in.

There is some noise, depends on which iems you use.

My Phillips she3580 hiss, but it matters not for they are such a stunning match for this phone.

I'm floored with how good they sound.

Apr 10, 2013 at 2:06 PM Post #54 of 533
Huxley,

I would suggest if you haven't already to try the Ac!d volume mod, it isn't neccesarily because of the increased volume that I recommend this - however, it does something with the resampling, which makes the sound (to these ears) much cleaner...

...However, as per the other mod I mentioned (i'm running the both in tandem), phone needs to be rooted for this to be allowed...

A VERY interesting phone / PMP...

Apr 10, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #55 of 533
Will give it a go, provided you try noozxoide.

It's very subtle, but I've noticed one big difference it's drastically reduced floor noise, and I'm sure details are getting through better.

What is the acid mod anyway.

Apr 10, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #56 of 533
Quote:
How's the usual Android hiss doing here?

If the noise floor is low enough for sensitive iems i might be in.

Will be very interested in your thoughts.

I am waiting for my One to ship, but so far I've heard from one audiophile whose opinion I have a lot of trust in and he hates the audio quality of his HTC One!

Apr 11, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #57 of 533
Quote:
Will give it a go, provided you try noozxoide.

It's very subtle, but I've noticed one big difference it's drastically reduced floor noise, and I'm sure details are getting through better.

What is the acid mod anyway.

I have noozoxide installed, but am not really one for spatial enhancements - however, in the spirit of this thread I will try it out soon :)

Ac!d, is a random mod I found via a rooted app on the playstore (Android Tweaker Pro)... - If you're going to the London meet at the end of the month, I'll get you to so some A/B tests (you don't need to go into recovery to activate / deactivate, so relatively quick to switch)
Quote:

Will be very interested in your thoughts.

I am waiting for my One to ship, but so far I've heard from one audiophile whose opinion I have a lot of trust in and he hates the audio quality of his HTC One!

Hmm...  Intruiging, I guess it depends what player was being used - As mentioned up above, I use Power Amp, with some very subtle EQ'ing, and my hi-res FLACs sound good to these ears, moreso than on the Samsungs I used to use... - The one thing I'm annoyed I didn't do though was A/B to the iPhone5 (as I traded in the iPhone to get the One)...

Apr 11, 2013 at 4:40 AM Post #58 of 533
Quote:

Hmm...  Intruiging, I guess it depends what player was being used - As mentioned up above, I use Power Amp, with some very subtle EQ'ing, and my hi-res FLACs sound good to these ears, moreso than on the Samsungs I used to use... - The one thing I'm annoyed I didn't do though was A/B to the iPhone5 (as I traded in the iPhone to get the One)...

Not sure on player, but I think he is usually a PowerAMP user.

He is using very sensitive IEMs, he may be hearing wonky frequency responses due to output impedance I guess, not sure what others here are listening with.

I'll do some blind and volume matched listening tests Vs iPhone (and S4 a little later down the line).

Apr 11, 2013 at 5:01 AM Post #59 of 533
I have noozoxide installed, but am not really one for spatial enhancements - however, in the spirit of this thread I will try it out soon :)

Ac!d, is a random mod I found via a rooted app on the playstore (Android Tweaker Pro)... - If you're going to the London meet at the end of the month, I'll get you to so some A/B tests (you don't need to go into recovery to activate / deactivate, so relatively quick to switch)

Ah rooting well I'm leaving that go for a while, I jumped in too fast with my gn.

This time I wish to see what the top devs turn out, now the source kernel and dev editions are out.

As for noozxoide I only really noticed the lower floor noise, i think it needs tweaking for the htc as I heard little change in spatiality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back