Htc One
Nov 12, 2013 at 7:39 AM Post #497 of 533
Guys what are the best in ear headphones to use with this phone......

I listen to mainly rap and r&b?

You'll be better off stating a price range, what kind of sound you like, bass, mids, treble etc. What's most important to you. Comfort, isolation etc etc.

Nov 12, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #498 of 533
You'll be better off stating a price range, what kind of sound you like, bass, mids, treble etc. What's most important to you. Comfort, isolation etc etc.

Hey I am in the UK so in UK money I am willing to spend £100, but stretch to £150 if they are really really worth the price.....

I am no audiophile by any means and was even going to get the dr dre beats tours, but people kept telling me they were over priced and suggested that i use this website to get some recommended earphones.....

I listen to mainly rap and hip hop, r&b as well plus afro beats so I guess earphones that go with the music I listen to. (I have no idea what mids are lol)

Comfort is important to me....I don't really like earphones that go behind your ear if you know what I mean. I want earphones that go straight into my ear. 

Dec 20, 2013 at 2:38 AM Post #500 of 533
So I'm preparing to make my first investment in audio accessories for my new best buy blue HTC One lol. there's been some great discussion this thread regarding practical as well as no-compromise rigs DAC ext. amp and all. so i figure before asking for some advice I'd share some of my efforts till now.

while i certainly see the merit in bypassing device limitations, i can honestly report that 2 weeks of stock iem's and analog out to car stereo system has thoroughly convinced me that i will not be bypassing the qualcomm DAC- it is more than embarrassing my sisters new S4, chipsets the same and boomsound aside!

full disclosure: im a car audio guy, earphones account for barely a quarter of my listening!

device was insta rooted and modded specifically to enhance audio output:
- cherry picked verisons of Beats libs as base
- kernel patched to support fauxaudio HW gain control
- ClearAudio + handful of build.prop resampling tweaks (not sure this really helps but that's a different story lol)
- Viper4Android digital processing for car/iem profiles & surgical tweaks necessary to offset the ever excessive Beats "boom"
- Neutron Player for primary playback of local media, but also using Gizmo as streaming client for vast.. vast catalogue of always accessible music courtesy of Jriver MC server back home.

the verdict? sensational. i am so glad i trusted in HTC after a disappointing streak with Motorola devices (though no complaints audio wise). the question now becomes that of regaining the accessibility and luxuries i have grown attached to from having more Motorola docks than i knew what to do with!

specifically though, the proprietary USB y-cable for OEM moto dock has spoiled me rotten. i refuse to go back to a cable running out of both ends of my trophy phone like a noob. that really leaves two options:

rerouting wiring in dashboard to hide as much of that as possible and investing in perhaps a decent pre-amp or EQ unit

OR

bluetooth receiver with apt-x "lossless" profile for ultimate freedom but a much greater reliance on digital processing magic and continued developer efforts for the device.

**** :) would appreciate any and all opinions on this cause my ears have always told me analog without fail but as a developer myself i know the frightening pace at which technology is advancing!

Dec 31, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #502 of 533
Hello, I am a long time music lover but def a noobie as far as hifi goes. Right now I use a htc one and a pair of Shure 440's. I just ordered some AKG K550s. My question is to get the best out of these do I need to get a fiio e18 or would I be better off just getting a fiio x3 and skipping the one as my source?

Jan 5, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #503 of 533
I suggest getting an external DAC/Amp, like a Leckerton.

Jan 5, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #504 of 533
I've got both the One and the Fiio X3 and I would say that the X3 is at least one step above the One in pure sound quality. If one consider all other bonuses with the X3 (battery life, line out, it's capabilities as a DAC etc) Inwoiuld defiantly recomend it as an source over the One (and any other phone as well).

I still find the One to be very good, for a phone while I find the X3 to be very good, period.

Jan 7, 2014 at 10:43 PM Post #507 of 533
no you don't need to root your HTC one to use the e17 with it. You only need to root it if you plan on installing the custom audio kernels like PureXAudio or Viper4Android that have been released by the dev community.

Jan 7, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #508 of 533
  no you don't need to root your HTC one to use the e17 with it. You only need to root it if you plan on installing the custom audio kernels like PureXAudio or Viper4Android that have been released by the dev community.

thanks for the reply.. i was wondering if the lindy cable from amazon work with this? 0.5m USB OTG Cable - Black, Type Micro A to Mini B

Jan 23, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #509 of 533
Hey HTC One owners,
So I used my e17 fine with the One until that last firmware update. Ever since I updated it, it's telling me unable to charge phone is in usb host mode and it won't play audio out through usb. Anybody find a solution for this?

Jan 29, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #510 of 533
Ok, posting a n00bish question here, you may have seen many times.

I had a custom PC running a Audio GD NFB-5 heaphone amp to a set of Beyer DT770's at work.  Had to sell the computer and amp
frown.gif

I bought a HTC One recently.  Looking for a "cheapish" way to get audio out of it.  Can you do it with the miniUSB port or are you stuck using the 3.5mm jack? 

Need to know as this determines what kind of headphone amp I can use.  Would prefer NOT to use a 3.5mm to RCA cable if I dont have to.  I listen to MOG (soon to be dead), Pandora, and probably moving to Spotify (have no real trust Beats Music wont screw up the good thing MOG was).....

Hoping one of you gent's knows the answer and can help me start looking at headphone amps.  I was thinking possibly something in the 100 dollar range, like maybe a Schiit Magni amp (like a physical volume knob) if I am stuck with the 3.5mm jacks...... Otherwise may go with just a standard CMoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back