HTC Desire S in-ear Headset suggestions required
Jun 4, 2011 at 6:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

mohits143

New Head-Fier
Hi,
I have searched all over the internet (including this forum) and I have not been able to get some serious suggestions for headsets (earphone + mic) with the ability to answer/end calls. 
My budget is very tight.. maximum of INR 1000 ($ 20). 
The only reason why I want to buy an in-ear headset is that the stock headset for HTC Desire S is just not comfortable with my ears.
Looking forward for some help.
Thanks!

Jun 4, 2011 at 6:17 AM Post #2 of 8
Honestly you be lucky to get a Lead for $20, I guess you are not looking for Audiophile earphones, The ear phones that come with the HTC Desire are not really that big either there a standard size Bud.

If you're looking for a IEM you might want to up your budget you will pay $25 just for a control unit extra ontop of any headphone you want..

Good lucky anyways

Nat.

Jun 4, 2011 at 7:26 AM Post #4 of 8
Never heard of either of them, You will find alot of people here spend atleast $80 on ear phones with Mic's as the sound is 10 fold better then standard ear phones, You do get people that spend $300-$1600 on just phones for Ipods.

I can say Xears can be had cheap within budget when the 'Money off codes' show up on the forum, But they don't have a inline control, Sadly you won't get good earphones for that type of money, I suspect you don't care for the SQ and are content with the standard Buds SQ, I was the same till i wanted same level DQ as my HD555's on the go and i ended up getting IE8's which are $400.

Maybe someone else can let you know if those inears are good but all bets are against..

Nattie.

Jun 4, 2011 at 7:35 AM Post #5 of 8
haha... alright. I guess I'll have to do the searching all alone. Just don't know where else do i search for one. 

BTW, you do get good if not excellent.. 2.5mm and standard 3.5mm headsets for the price. Just that I am finding it difficult to find one compatible with HTC. 

Jun 4, 2011 at 7:36 AM Post #6 of 8
Check here for some compatibility info:
https://www.meelec.com/Articles.asp?ID=155#Compatibility

Jun 15, 2011 at 1:18 PM Post #8 of 8
Well, I made my decision.. and just thought of posting it here, may help some other HTC user later.

I bought SoundMagic - MP-21  for a good deal, around $23. 
Have been using it since over a week now, and I must say they are awesome. 
If you're a hip-hop lover, then I would say the bass effect is not ideal for hip-hop music.
Rock sounds mind blowing... 
And yes, the call button, track changes.. all of it works well too. 

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back