HT Omega "Claro Halo" Headphone Only soundcard
Nov 14, 2009 at 7:29 PM Post #256 of 374
Quote:

Originally Posted by LuciferX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont want to lose my front speakers (actually plugged in RCA Front Output), i dont want to connect/disconnect constantly

first, try w/ that cable...there's a good chance it will sound better than the built-in headphones amp.

so, then you could use this kind of switch box between your headphones and your speakers: Newegg.com - Plantronics Audio Switch 3.5mm Connector Speaker to headset switch

I used to own one, it's just a switch..there's no electronics in it.

Nov 15, 2009 at 12:21 AM Post #257 of 374
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, if you want to split the signals from the RCA's then you need TWO of that first adapter you posted. You connect one adapters to each RCA channel (L&R).
This will give you two outputs for left channel and two outputs for right channel.
Connect one set of outs to your speakers and the second set of outs to you second cable/adapter then to your headphones.
Does this make sense?
There are many ways to get the right connections you need but since you posted these adapters we can work with those.

Let me know if it works out for you.

Thats the idea! Do you think that i gonna lose some quality? (Because im using a lot of adapters/cables)

Nov 15, 2009 at 4:09 AM Post #258 of 374
Quote:

Thats the idea! Do you think that i gonna lose some quality? (Because im using a lot of adapters/cables)

It should work fine according to what you want. Although I am unsure about your cans as they may need extar amplification. If you find they do you can just pipe one of the line outs to an external amplifier.

As for losing quality, you should be fine aslong as your not using very cheap adapters.
Hope this helps.

Nov 15, 2009 at 3:33 PM Post #259 of 374
Quote:

a switch is a far better option...keeping both connected on a permanent basis could 1)ruin your headphones if you increase the sound too loud in windows 2) your K701 will pick up RF noise from all those wires, and a possible ground pollution from your speakers amp.

if I were you, I'd plug one of this to the RCA out of the claro, and use the second adapter you mentioned to your K701...1 position of the switch to your speakers amp, one to the K701.

40836148-450x450-0-0_Cables+et+connecteurs+RCA+Hq+Commutateur+audio+3+v.jpg

Nov 15, 2009 at 4:59 PM Post #261 of 374
not to mention that you should output 0dB full bit-perfect audio to your speakers amp...it's better to keep the volume control in the analog domain whenever possible(as the AK4396 only has a 256 steps internal volume control), so keeping both connected simultaneously is not a good option(no matter what Stevie the robot tells you
bigsmile_face.gif
)

Nov 15, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #262 of 374
Quote:

I should clarify the setup a bit more so you have a better idea of what is going on.

You have two set of connections going to two different points but, when your using the headphones your speaker will be off. Full signal will be going to the headhones.

Now if you turn on the speakers you will have signal going to the headphones also, so you could always just disconnect them if it is a worry for you. Just use a longer, RCA to 3.5 mm cable so it is within easy reach.

I think you may need and external amplifer for those cans. Line level is not meant to drive headphones with high power requirments. If you did go with the external amplifier for your cans then the system basically works perfect.
If you use phones, you turn on the phone amp and run off the speaker amp.
If you use speakers, you turn ont he speaker amp and turn off the phone amp.

If the can amp is not something you need, you can get a in-line headphone controller.
There are many ways to do what your asking and this is just one of them.

Good luck with your setup.

Nov 15, 2009 at 6:00 PM Post #263 of 374
just because it's a thread about the Claro Halo, and mostly aimed at ppl who actually own it(as opposed to giving dumb advices to newbies)...I've left it burning in in a secondary computer since I've received it, and trebles have tamed down nicely I'd say.

HT Omega decided to put tons of solid caps, and these things sound pretty harsh in the first days
evil_smiley.gif

and the discrete op-amps add a nice warm touch, but well...I can't stand using IC's as final buffers anymore
tongue.gif

Nov 16, 2009 at 2:37 AM Post #265 of 374
A quick question, if i change opamps, the headphone out will change the sound? or this part of the card only use the TI amp? If the opamps only affect the Front Line Out im gona try adapters in Front line out to my speakers and headphones ...

Quote:

@Lucifier, let me know if you get your problem sorted out and how you decide to hook everything up.
Good luck.

Tomorrow im going to buy a RCA to 3.5 mm cable

PD: This week im going to start rolling opamps (if i have some free time). I need to decide what to test first:

Opa2132p, LM4562na, LME49720na, LME49860na

Im thinking in 4 x 2132p and

2x4562(U8+U10) + 2x2132p(U9+U11) in first place.

Some advice? (first time in my life rolling opamps)

Nov 16, 2009 at 3:01 AM Post #266 of 374
Quote:

A quick question, if i change opamps, the headphone out will change the sound? or this part of the card only use the TI amp? If the opamps only affect the Front Line Out im gona try adapters in Front line out to my speakers and headphones ...

Tomorrow im going to buy a RCA to 3.5 mm cable

PD: This week im going to start rolling opamps (if i have some free time). I have to decide what to test first:

Opa2132p, LM4562, LME49720na, LME49860na

Im thinking in 4 x 2132p and 2x4562+2x2132p in first place. Some advice? (first time in my life rolling opamps)

I have been rolling opamps for many years now. Quite large collection seems I am always testing something new. I thought you have been working with opamps for awhile on your card as I seen quesitons of your in the opamp thread.

Nov 16, 2009 at 3:28 AM Post #267 of 374
Quote:

I have been rolling opamps for many years now. Quite large collection seems I am always testing something new. I thought you have been working with opamps for awhile on your card as I seen quesitons of your in the opamp thread.

Im learning everything before i try it
biggrin.gif

And more important: my free time is so poor ....

So, some advice/opinion about my first selection?

Quote:

PD: My question is still unanswered

Nov 17, 2009 at 1:48 AM Post #269 of 374
Quote:

PD: This week im going to start rolling opamps (if i have some free time). I need to decide what to test first

[/B]

FLAC > FOOBAR (ASIO) > HT Omega Claro Halo XT (Opamps: 4 x OPA2132P [TI]) > AKG K701 Reference Headphones

icon10.gif

My first impression: More Bass, less harsh highs, i like what im listening! The voice has more .... "body" ?

Nov 17, 2009 at 1:51 AM Post #270 of 374
Good. You should hear improvments over those generic opamps.
Those 2132's are alright, but there are much better units out there.....Keep on rollin'

Did you get your splitter put in yet? How is everything working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back