HRT Music Streamer II causing static every few hours
Dec 2, 2013 at 2:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

sygyzy

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I have been using my HRT Music Streamer II to listen to music for a few years now. I recently changed companies and brought my setup with me to the new job. I am now using a Macbook instead of a Dell PC but everything else about the setup is the same.

Macbook Pro --> USB Cable --> Music Streamer II --> RCA Cables --> PPA Amp --> AKG Q701 headphones

The issue is every once in a while (a few times a day), the audio suddenly becomes full of static which gets louder and louder. It's never ear-popping but it gets to a point where I can't hear the source audio. Source audio is not important because it does not discriminate, whether I am listening to Spotify streaming, studio recordings via FLAC on VLC, or a YouTube video.

I have the Music Streamer II sitting on top of the amp, but I don't think it's any sort of electrical interference since it sat on top of the PPA at my last location/setup as well.

To fix it, I hav to unplug the USB cable from the MS II then wait, then plug it back in and restart the video/audio track.

Has anyone else seen this issue? It's annoying enough to be a nuisance.

Dec 3, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #2 of 3
I've had my Music Streamer II for about a year now and I get this problem every now and then too. It's usually solved by me switching tracks in Foobar, I've never had to unplug the USB. 

I've read somewhere that the static is caused by insufficient power going to the DAC. Maybe try a powered USB hub? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back