600smile.gif
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif
600smile.gif
cool.gif

Jan 19, 2007 at 10:13 PM Post #3 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by digihead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nothing like getting equipment in time for the weekend. Especially during the winter months when its a great time to be inside listening to some killer music.

You got that right!

This thing sounds SCHWEET!!!

Jan 19, 2007 at 10:39 PM Post #5 of 46
Congratulations!
Nothing like some new equipment to keep one busy for the whole weekend.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 19, 2007 at 10:56 PM Post #8 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sadly you are not done as now you can start opamp rolling the HR2
tongue.gif

I don't think I'm going to try to second-guess Ray.

This thing sounds so good right now, if it sounded any better it might be dangerous! I'd never leave the house, I'd lose my job, etc, etc...

biggrin.gif

Jan 19, 2007 at 11:37 PM Post #10 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wats ur source? the 542?

Yeah, that and my Squeezebox, and the Denon universal.

Right now I'm listening to the Squeezebox.

Jan 20, 2007 at 12:31 AM Post #11 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by nelamvr6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You got that right!

This thing sounds SCHWEET!!!

So... how does it sound with your 650's - does it liven them up and make them brighter?

Jan 20, 2007 at 12:42 AM Post #12 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradofan2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So... how does it sound with your 650's - does it liven them up and make them brighter?

I don't feel I could say it changed the overall timbrel balance of the 650's. I never felt they were overly dark, but that is probably just me. I did recable with a Cardas cable almost as soon as I got them, so that may be why, but I wouldn't want to venture a guess.

So far, I'd say that the biggest improvement has been in dynamics, pace rhythm and timing. Really fantastic! The punch is just incredible. Right now I'm listening to Steely Dan - Everything Must Go, and it is almost a religious experience! The rhythm section is just cooking!
600smile.gif

I wouldn't say they make them "brighter", but with such an improvement in dynamics I guess you could say it made them more lively.

I'm gonna listen with the 650's for a while longer, but then it'll be time to break out the RS-1's.
rs1smile.gif

Jan 20, 2007 at 1:24 AM Post #13 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by nelamvr6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't feel I could say it changed the overall timbrel balance of the 650's. I never felt they were overly dark, but that is probably just me. I did recable with a Cardas cable almost as soon as I got them, so that may be why, but I wouldn't want to venture a guess.

So far, I'd say that the biggest improvement has been in dynamics, pace rhythm and timing. Really fantastic! The punch is just incredible. Right now I'm listening to Steely Dan - Everything Must Go, and it is almost a religious experience! The rhythm section is just cooking!
600smile.gif

I wouldn't say they make them "brighter", but with such an improvement in dynamics I guess you could say it made them more lively.

I'm gonna listen with the 650's for a while longer, but then it'll be time to break out the RS-1's.
rs1smile.gif

Great feeling isn't it? A new amp like the HR-2. Is a great choice
icon10.gif
I listened to one from a Meridian GO8 (Rays) what a great sound. Enjoy
biggrin.gif

Jan 20, 2007 at 1:31 AM Post #14 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by markmaxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great feeling isn't it? A new amp like the HR-2. Is a great choice
icon10.gif
I listened to one from a Meridian GO8 (Rays) what a great sound. Enjoy
biggrin.gif

No doubt that's the same Meridian that I first heard the HR-2 driven by at the Boston meet. I fell in love within two bars, and I've been lusting after one ever since! (The HR-2 that is, though I wouldn't mind a GO8 too!
biggrin.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back