How would I use this?
Dec 7, 2012 at 8:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

OmarSy

Head-Fier
Hello! I was wanting to know how I would possibly connect this:
http://www.amazon.com/Qinpu-A-6000-Integrated-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B0057OI448
to my computer to allow me to play FLAC files off it.
Would I just use an auxillary cable to plug it into my laptop and then plug my headphones to the amp?
Thanks!

Dec 7, 2012 at 8:52 AM Post #2 of 10
You really also need to get an external DAC with line out, to plug into this.

Looking at this, I would avoid it like the plague, China and cheap valve amps is never a happy story!

No point using the headphone out on the laptop.

Have a look at the Audioengine D1 for a simpler solution

Dec 7, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #3 of 10
Quote:
You really also need to get an external DAC with line out, to plug into this.

Looking at this, I would avoid it like the plague, China and cheap valve amps is never a happy story!

No point using the headphone out on the laptop.

Have a look at the Audioengine D1 for a simpler solution

I was reading the reviews and most if not all were 5/5.
I want a tube amp that's good for my money to be honest and I'm not very rich and I like to get the most bang for my buck ^_^.
So I don't know, what kind of External DAC would you suggest in combination with a decent tube amp?
Thanks for the response either way ^_^

Dec 7, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #4 of 10
There is some brilliant stuff made in China, Prima Luna, Quad etc, all much better build 
than if they were made in the UK!, 

But as a 20 year+ valve amp user I have heard so many terrible stories about cheap valve amps, they are cheap for a reason.

If you want to take a chance then do it via a local dealer with back up, or get a used Musical Fidelity X-Can
that is a great intro into valves.

And as someone who worked in the industry I'd never ever buy on reviews.

Reading the reviews it looks like Audio Advisor sell it, so maybe get it from there.

where in the world are you?

as for the DAC, Audioengine D1 or if too much, the new Fiio E07k looks incredible for the money.

Dec 7, 2012 at 12:56 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:
There is some brilliant stuff made in China, Prima Luna, Quad etc, all much better build 
than if they were made in the UK!, 

But as a 20 year+ valve amp user I have heard so many terrible stories about cheap valve amps, they are cheap for a reason.

If you want to take a chance then do it via a local dealer with back up, or get a used Musical Fidelity X-Can
that is a great intro into valves.

And as someone who worked in the industry I'd never ever buy on reviews.

Reading the reviews it looks like Audio Advisor sell it, so maybe get it from there.

where in the world are you?

as for the DAC, Audioengine D1 or if too much, the new Fiio E07k looks incredible for the money.

I currently reside in the united states, also I looked at the D1 and if I was to purchase this tube amp I would purchase a DAC as well to hook up to my computer then hook up the amp to the dac via a aux cable or something?
I'm new so please don't get mad for my idiotic questions but anyways thanks for the reply :)

Dec 7, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #6 of 10
How about this https://www.mav-audio.com/base/product/tube_magic_a1 seems to be in your budget and it's a solid tube amp. I've owned this and the D2.

Dec 7, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:
How about this https://www.mav-audio.com/base/product/tube_magic_a1 seems to be in your budget and it's a solid tube amp. I've owned this and the D2.

EXCELLENT, I think this would do very well.
Does it sound nice? Also can you link me to the D2?

Dec 7, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:
Its on the website I linked you. I had the A1 and D2 they are both great

So correct me if I'm wrong, I'd purchase both in order to playback music from a computer?
Also how would I connect the AMP to the DAC? is there a video or a diagram of some sort?
Thanks.

Dec 7, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #10 of 10
EXCELLENT, I think this would do very well.

Does it sound nice? Also can you link me to the D2?

So correct me if I'm wrong, I'd purchase both in order to playback music from a computer?

Also how would I connect the AMP to the DAC? is there a video or a diagram of some sort?

Thanks.

There's a diagram on the website. Pm me if u need more help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back