How was your experience with Alessandro?
Oct 20, 2010 at 3:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

patsyleung

Head-Fier
So I recently ordered a pair of Alessandro MS2i's. While waiting for the order to arrive, I did what I assumed any head-fier would do - read up on the product to soothe the wallet pain (right?!). I found that the majority of cases involve the customer ordering, waiting, and receving the package with no communication other than the charge appearing on the credit statement. There were also stories of unanswered emails and grossly delayed responses. Naturally, this made me nervous because I would be stuck with the feeling of waiting for a package possibly for months. Fortunately, Alessandro has been pleasant in responding emails and providing updates on their happenings. Though I have yet to receive my order, I have documented my journey thus far:

8/25/10 2:44PM: Sent email asking if the MS2 was in stock.
8/25/10 3:56PM: "They are on backorder right now. We expect to have them within the next week or two."

9/6/10 5:26PM: Sent email again, asking if the MS2 was in stock.
9/8/10 4:56PM: Placed order for MS2i with free 6-10 day shipping to Canada, regardless of stock. PayPal charged.
9/9/10 8:16AM: "Sorry for the delay. We are still waiting for them to come out of production. We expect them to be done any day now."

9/23/10 12:41PM: Sent email requesting order status.
9/27/10 8:49PM: "We have not forgotten about you. They are still delayed due to the headbands. Sorry for the delay, we did not expect the wait to be this long. We are hoping to be able to ship them next week, but do not want to make any promises until we have the headbands onsite."

9/27/10 11:29PM: Sent email saying it's no rush.
9/28/10 7:22AM: "Thank you for your patience!"

10/14/10 4:08PM: "We should be able to ship by the end of October. Maybe next week. This delay has been very frustrating for everyone!"

10/18/10 10:36AM: "We expect to be able to ship the backordered MS Two headphones by the end of this week. We will ship sooner if possible. Very sorry for the delay. Thank you for your patience."

10/20/10 1:31PM: Received PayPal shipping notice with subject "Your package is on its way" with USPS tracking number.

10/27/10: Canada Post delivered MS2 to my door. Shipping seven days was from Alessandro to Ontario, Canada. Not Bad!

I hope my experience is representation that Alessandro is taking steps to providing better customer service. I also hope that this will encourage more people to buy direct from them in spite of previous posts. Happy listening!

Oct 20, 2010 at 4:13 PM Post #2 of 8
I had great customer service when I ordered my MS1's. I called and made sure that they were not back ordered, they were back ordered a week. They said to give them my email to tell me when they would be back in stock. 5 days later I received a email telling me they were no longer back ordered, they keep their promise that is for sure.

Oct 20, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #3 of 8
Interesting.  My HF2's from TTVJ are running late too, and he said it was a headband issue at Grado too.

BTW, I *love* my MS2i's.  Very nicely balanced headphone.  I can't wait to compare them to the HF2's !!  :)

Oct 20, 2010 at 9:36 PM Post #4 of 8
interesting...I'd have to say the headband is the simplest part of a grados can and yet one of the most crucial (then again, everything on a grado seems vital seeing how they're so sparsely furnished) 

Oct 20, 2010 at 9:51 PM Post #5 of 8
I'm sure Grado orders it in bulk from someone, it is surprising though that they would even run out in the first place. Maybe everyone decided to buy a Grado this month?

Oct 20, 2010 at 10:00 PM Post #6 of 8

Quote:
I'm sure Grado orders it in bulk from someone, it is surprising though that they would even run out in the first place. Maybe everyone decided to buy a Grado this month?

if so...why aren't my woodied grados selling!

Oct 27, 2010 at 3:12 PM Post #8 of 8
Update: I got these guys in the mail today. Running them FLAC+foobar2000>Fubar II USB DAC> LD1+>MS2i

basshead.gif

The detail is leagues above the SR60. Bright yet not harsh. The entirety of awesomeness of these cans have yet to settle on me; I'm sure this will come after a few listens!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back