How to persuade someone to let you get expensive headphones
Apr 15, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #16 of 34

Quote:
Tell them spending money on headphones is a solid investment because you will never have a need to upgrade. In other words, lie.

tongue.gif

Apr 15, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #18 of 34
Play some death metal (or if they know how to appreciate metal, then use My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion) on repeat over your computer speakers every day. Then casually let it slip that you've been thinking about getting some nice headphones for a change.

Apr 16, 2012 at 12:07 AM Post #19 of 34
Given the lack of details you provide, there is no clear answer.  If you have plenty of free cash flow but just feel guilty about spending $1000+ on headphones, then just buy the headphones and hide the receipt.  If you still feel guilty, go to confession.  If you are about to miss a mortgage payment in order to buy some LCD-3s, on the other hand, then you should really be explaining why this all makes sense to a pyschiatrist.  If your situation is somewhere in the middle, interpolate between these two extremes.

Apr 16, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #21 of 34

Quote:
Play some death metal (or if they know how to appreciate metal, then use My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion) on repeat over your computer speakers every day. Then casually let it slip that you've been thinking about getting some nice headphones for a change.

That's great. But it's also a great way to possibly get grounded!

Apr 16, 2012 at 1:18 AM Post #23 of 34
I don't dislike heels at all. Women can keep them on all the time if they'd like :D 

My gripe is how much they spend on something they will use a few times and then put away in the closet and the nature of the product means it will wear done quickly if used.

Apr 16, 2012 at 5:27 AM Post #24 of 34
Mine finally calmed down. Now she's happy that I have a hobby that I'm enjoying so much. Though, I haven't exactly told her how much I've spent... but then, it is from my discretionary/hobby fund.

Apr 16, 2012 at 8:45 AM Post #27 of 34
Of course there was deep sarcasm implied in my post. My wife lets me make decision occasionally...I'm pretty sure.

Apr 16, 2012 at 9:31 AM Post #29 of 34
I have my own money but my parents are funding college (least for the time being), They don't know I spent $500 on used rs1i but if they find out and ask I can always say that if i need money they would sell for no more than maybe a $30-$40 loss at worst. At best I would break even or make like $5 lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back