How to make Hibernation mode stick
Dec 10, 2007 at 6:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Pepsione1

1000+ Head-Fier
I have this problem with my laptop where it would change from Hibernation mode to Standby mode when I close the lid of the laptop. It happens randomly caused by some apps I think.

How can I make this hibernation option stick? I hate to have my laptop's battery drained in a consealed bag that's 120 degrees while I am on the move with the hdd still spinning.

Dec 10, 2007 at 7:37 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by YamiTenshi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you tried:

Control Panel-->Power Options-->Advanced-->Power Buttons-->When I close the lid of my portable computer-->Do nothing/Hibernate/Stand by

Yes that's how you would adjust it but the settings are flip-flopping on me randomly.

Dec 10, 2007 at 8:27 PM Post #4 of 6
Trial and error time. Certain programs simply prevent hibernation, no particular reason, just happens. Take notes next time and try to find a pattern. It's probably just one program causing the problem, but you may have to disable the services or processes manually.

EK

Dec 10, 2007 at 8:37 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by evilking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Trial and error time. Certain programs simply prevent hibernation, no particular reason, just happens. Take notes next time and try to find a pattern. It's probably just one program causing the problem, but you may have to disable the services or processes manually.

EK

Found it! It's Windows!! What a surprise.

It seems that when I close the lid before removing the AC power cord it would switch to "close lid = stand by" without my permission.

So what can I do to stop this? I don't want to always unplug my laptop before I close the lid.

Dec 10, 2007 at 9:27 PM Post #6 of 6
If I remember correctly, I think the settings are unique for plugged in and battery powered. So you can try setting everything when plugged in, and then do the same on battery.

Vista does a great job at this btw, the power schemes are so convenient using mobility center.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back