How to make an interconnect Step by Step With Pics
Dec 8, 2003 at 11:20 PM Post #32 of 1,012
Quote:

Originally posted by itza2mer
brschmid's photos in this thread show them on the mini-RCA IC he built. They look great!

Ah is that the techflex they are covered in?

Scott

Dec 8, 2003 at 11:40 PM Post #34 of 1,012
Quote:

Originally posted by itza2mer
Correct.

Thanks,looks really nice. I may pick up some cheapy stuff from Rat Shack and some Cat 5e cable I have, that way if thins go horribly wrong I'm not out much.

Scott

Dec 9, 2003 at 7:06 AM Post #35 of 1,012
updated with smaller pics to make it more dial-up friendly.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 9, 2003 at 7:07 AM Post #36 of 1,012
actually the cheap stuff at radio shack is more expensive that some stuff online.

Dec 9, 2003 at 5:21 PM Post #38 of 1,012
Quote:

Originally posted by Tom M
Nice pictures

thank you

I am trying to make it one of the best guides around, so if anyone has suggestions, i am all ears(eyes
confused.gif
)
wink.gif

Dec 9, 2003 at 9:19 PM Post #39 of 1,012
Quote:

Originally posted by brschmid
actually the cheap stuff at radio shack is more expensive that some stuff online.

Hmm well I can order the end connectors, and experiment with ethernet and other stuff I can get from work
wink.gif

Scott

Dec 9, 2003 at 9:36 PM Post #40 of 1,012
i would suggest partexpress.com if you are gonna make RCA cables. they have an awesome selection.

Dec 9, 2003 at 9:46 PM Post #41 of 1,012
Right now I am looking at making Mini->Mini and Mini->RCA. Maybe making some RCAs down the line for my SACD player.

Scott

Dec 9, 2003 at 10:03 PM Post #42 of 1,012
might as well get it all from markertek then, just make sure to order enough because there is a 5.00 handling charge on every order.

pacific radio would be a good choice for supplies too if you want Canare stuff.

Dec 10, 2003 at 12:19 AM Post #43 of 1,012
Few more silly questions:

1) How is it to use that techflex tubing for running the Homegrown silver cabling?

2) What do you use with the heatshrink? Does a hairdryer get hot enough?

Scott

AKA Master of Silly Questions
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 10, 2003 at 1:32 AM Post #44 of 1,012
Quote:

Originally posted by scottder 2) What do you use with the heatshrink? Does a hairdryer get hot enough?

Depends on the hairdryer, mine doesn't work very well but my mom's which has several heat settings works decently. Still, I prefer to use a butane mini-torch, it's a lot faster as long as you're careful and don't burn anything. A heatgun is likely the best solution since it heats more evenly than a mini-torch and it doesn't blow stuff all over the place like a hairdryer.

Dec 10, 2003 at 1:33 AM Post #45 of 1,012
Quote:

Originally posted by aerius
Depends on the hairdryer, mine doesn't work very well but my mom's which has several heat settings works decently. Still, I prefer to use a butane mini-torch, it's a lot faster as long as you're careful and don't burn anything. A heatgun is likely the best solution since it heats more evenly than a mini-torch and it doesn't blow stuff all over the place like a hairdryer.

Thanks!

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back