How to hook up my speakers to my receiver? (with amp and switch). Low Volume/Overload when I try wiring instead of headphone jack.
Aug 25, 2014 at 8:23 PM Post #17 of 24
Tried again testing. Hooked the line out converter. Made no difference except for making the volume a lot lower. It sounds fine, maybe a little low volume considering I had to turn the Atlas amp all the way up to hear decent volume. But the 'popping/distortion', only comes on when playing bass parts. Regular audio sounds fine (although low in volume). I tried hooking the amp in 70v mode as well as 100v.

Sep 8, 2014 at 7:51 PM Post #18 of 24
you should not be connecting the amp directly to the receiver (in this case the speakers). The pop and distortion you're hearing is the clipping of the amplifier. You could damage your equipment by doing that. If you insist on using an amlifier  then get a pre-amp to go with it. If you want to have a single source. Get a preamp with multiple source selector and a splitter.

Dec 23, 2015 at 5:23 AM Post #24 of 24
  Are you still having issues with this?

actually, yes. Sadly, I never was able to fix the issue and I went on to other projects as the year went on :/

But I'm back on it with the extra free time I have this week.

I have 2 sets of 4 outdoor speakers (Episode. I ended up using a line converter from the receiver to my switch, to my amp. But the audio was extremely quiet.

-(4 Speakers at 30W/100V to Channel 1 of Atlas CP400 Amp on Unbalanced Input)
-(4 Speakers at 30W/100V to Channel 2 of Atlas CP400 Amp on Unbalanced Input)
--Channel 1 of Amp to RCA Line Converter
--Channel 2 of Amp to RCA Line Converter
---RCA Line Converter to amp protection switch
----Amp Protection Switch to Front L/R of Receiver Output
----Receiver to Bluetooth Audio

I also tried hooking my headphone out from my phone directly to my amp input, but the outdoor speakers could barely be heard, even at full phone volume and full amp volume)

Also: I found that these are my speakers:
http://www.snapav.com/p-1457-ecs-aw70v-6-blk.aspx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back