How to get the best quality music experience on Spotify with my iPhone 5 (.
Jul 5, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:
Don't buy into hi-res files, 16/48-44.1is perfectly fine.
What music do you like?

I mainly listen to hip hop & r&b. Every now and then i fancy pop and rock too but not as much as the latter genre's.

Quote:
Agreed 100%.

Also, I'd say to the OP don't bother buying any amps yet. Wait until you get the fancy new IEMs and see how they work without an amp first.....you may find they sound great as is.
Don't spend the extra amp money unless you have to....that's money you could be buying music with. 

Thats good advice. A friend recomended getting the quad drivers instead of the V3's (triple), becuase it would be able to pick and and manipulate the music better at different frequencies. i take hs advice with a pinch of salt but its only £80 ($100) more for the quad drivers. You guys reckon its worth the investment?

Jul 5, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #17 of 19
Hope you will expand your tastes with this upcoming 'phone! That is what has happened to me (big time).

Jul 5, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

I mainly listen to hip hop & r&b. Every now and then i fancy pop and rock too but not as much as the latter genre's.

Thats good advice. A friend recomended getting the quad drivers instead of the V3's (triple), becuase it would be able to pick and and manipulate the music better at different frequencies. i take hs advice with a pinch of salt but its only £80 ($100) more for the quad drivers. You guys reckon its worth the investment?

I really couldn't be sure. I can't use IEMs myself......they don't agree with my ears. Does your friend have them and recommend them, or is he trying to live vicariously through you? 
smile.gif

Jul 5, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #19 of 19
Quote:
I really couldn't be sure. I can't use IEMs myself......they don't agree with my ears. Does your friend have them and recommend them, or is he trying to live vicariously through you? 
smile.gif

He has the Shure SE535's but I kinda get the feeling hes leaning towards custom IEM's and using me as a guinea pig ha! 

I've started a new thread kind of relating to this. Would love for you guys to take a look and input if possible:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/671166/am-i-taking-too-big-a-step-moving-to-1964-custom-iems

Users who are viewing this thread

Back