How to equalize each channel individually with Electri-Q (posihfopit) in Foobar?
Jul 22, 2009 at 1:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

ironmine

500+ Head-Fier
Hello!

Does anybody know a way how I can equalize each channel separately with Electric-Q in Foobar2000?

Thank you!

Regards,
Eugene K.

Jul 22, 2009 at 5:28 AM Post #2 of 43
Or does anybody know a good fine-tunable parameteric equalizer with a possibility to equalize each of the two channels separately?

Jul 23, 2009 at 11:44 AM Post #5 of 43
I haven't found yet. They are all either stereo graphic equalizers, or mono parametric ones.

Jul 25, 2009 at 12:01 PM Post #8 of 43
I got EnergyXTE finally! It works! There are now two Electri-Q equalizers working on two channels individually. However, you must copy electri-q.dll files into the same folder under another name (e.g., electri-q2.dll) and use the first file for the left channel and the second file for the right channel. When I tried to use the same dll for both channels, Foobar just crashed!

Jul 25, 2009 at 3:58 PM Post #9 of 43
Your welcome
wink.gif

Jul 26, 2009 at 12:29 AM Post #11 of 43
Leeperry, IIEQPro and LP10 have the bandwidth minimum 0.1 only and only 2 figures after the decimal point. I need it to be much more narrow (and accurate) than that. For example, I use bandwidths which are 0.083, 0.125, 0.067, etc. Eletric-Q allows me to set these values accurately. It's more user-friendly, too. But thanks for your help anyway! Maybe someone else in my situation will find your method more preferrable.

Jul 26, 2009 at 12:32 AM Post #12 of 43
Using EnergyXTE for signal routing is a great way to accomplish your task as you have the option to do so much more with effects giving you the option to experiment.

Jul 26, 2009 at 1:06 AM Post #13 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by ironmine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Leeperry, IIEQPro and LP10 have the bandwidth minimum 0.1 only and only 2 figures after the decimal point. I need it to be much more narrow (and accurate) than that. For example, I use bandwidths which are 0.083, 0.125, 0.067, etc. Eletric-Q allows me to set these values accurately.

oh ok, didn't realize Eletric-Q was so much more accurate...I've never really liked how it sounds anyway. the only mode i like is "Linear Phase" and the latency is way too high to be any useful to me in foobar
wink.gif

Jul 26, 2009 at 1:26 AM Post #14 of 43
Leeperry, where can I find Linear Phase mode? Do you mean it is one of the modes in Electri-Q or in other equalizers?

Also, as far as Electri-Q is concerned, can you please explain to me how "peak" in Basic is different from "peak" in CulteQ (or Dynamic or Warm, etc.)? What's the meaning of all these modes?

I would gladly try other equalizers if they had the same accuracy as Electri-Q. If you know any, please let me know!

Jul 26, 2009 at 1:50 AM Post #15 of 43
Look at the WAVES software plugins. They are more or less the cream of the crop for audio plugin software and used in many professional studios. Very expensive but you can get demos which may help you get the sound your looking for.
The come in both Direct X and VST flavors. Here is a link to their EQ section: WAVES

Users who are viewing this thread

Back