How To Disassemble Logitech Ultimate Ears 9000 Headphones - Battery change-*
Jul 10, 2014 at 11:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ufoblue

New Head-Fier
I could not find one video on the internet of these Logitech UE 9000 Headphones being dismantled, so I thought I'd do a video of how to do it

Here are pic's and video link:

Jul 11, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #2 of 7
The double-stick tape for the ear cushions is a nice discovery, as is the model of the replacement battery (Sanyo 553436), which looks to be a standard LIon camera battery.  I'm sure it will help me when the battery on my unit dies.  Nice job!

Jul 12, 2014 at 5:22 AM Post #3 of 7
Yeah the battery is just a standard one. Here is the exact replacement: http://m.aliexpress.com/item-desc/1889310807.html

Model no.:Sanyo 553436

Voltage: 3.7V

Rated capacity:720mAh

Type: Li-ion battery

SIZE:34*38*6mm

P.S.

There's clips on the ear piece where the pad clips under so you don't need to re-apply any double sided tape, but you can if you wanted too, to make it extra secure !

Jul 12, 2014 at 3:35 PM Post #4 of 7
Damn looks like they've sold out, its the only one I could find with the correct connector and wanted to buy a few as spares. Absolutely loving my UE9000'S and don't want to lose them to a dead battery anytime soon. Has anyone found these elsewhere?

Jul 12, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #5 of 7
Damn looks like they've sold out, its the only one I could find with the correct connector and wanted to buy a few as spares. Absolutely loving my UE9000'S and don't want to lose them to a dead battery anytime soon. Has anyone found these elsewhere?

You don't need the exact same one. They are just rebranded. You can use any 3.7v 750mAh battery as long as it has a battery over charge yellow wire. And you can buy the molex little connectors to make your own wire

Jul 13, 2014 at 7:04 AM Post #6 of 7
You don't need the exact same one. They are just rebranded. You can use any 3.7v 750mAh battery as long as it has a battery over charge yellow wire. And you can buy the molex little connectors to make your own wire

I'm just a bit wary of soldering cables onto a battery and if cheap aftermarket batteries which have a habit of expanding, leaking or overheating etc. If I could get a couple of the original I would feel a lot happier but thanks for the tip.

May 1, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #7 of 7
So...  Inspired by ufoblue's battery replacement, I took apart my UE9000 that I had just purchased from eBay to replace it's old battery.  I was getting barely 4 hours of music play time on an overnight charge on the old, stock battery.  But since I was going to take apart the headphones anyways, I thought I'd try to upgrade the battery to one with slightly better capacity.  I found a generic 900 mAh Lithium polymer (LiPo) battery on eBay that had 3 leads and looked like it had similar dimensions and voltage as the stock battery.  At $8.99, it was worth the risk.  When the battery arrived, I found out it was just 5 mm (about 1/4 inch) longer than the stock battery.  The thicknesses and widths on both batteries were the same. 

Luckily, the space for the stock battery in the left ear shell was just some thin plastic ridges that I easily trimmed back on one side with a pair of small wire snips.  

Here's a link to the battery I purchased on eBay.  The seller has increased the price by fifty cents to $9.50US as of 1 May 2016:
   http://www.ebay.com/itm/251369603501?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I'll post some photos from the DIY upgrade after I get permission from the forum moderator to post photos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back