How to connect a portable DVD player with a headamp?
May 12, 2007 at 1:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

eduj

1000+ Head-Fier
Hello guys i bought a Samsung DVDL760 (it will be here in 3-4 days)and want to try it with my ibasso T1.It has a mini jack AV OUT (stereo audio + video) for four-section 3.5 mm plugs.

can i use a standard stereo mini-to-mini IC to connect it to the headphone amp?I guess i can but i'm a noob about dvd players
redface.gif

thanx!

May 12, 2007 at 5:43 PM Post #2 of 4
Your plug config. for headphone out has two in addition to a tv out. HPA-plays hps w/speakers on. HPB plays hps w/speakers off. You can also create headphone virtual surround 5.1 in your menus.

1/8 mini x2 to amp.
Have fun.

May 12, 2007 at 7:17 PM Post #3 of 4
I've used my Philips PET1002 PDVDP with my main rig. It also has that funky 1/8" plug for the AV output. I think I tried using a standard 1/8" TRS plug and it didn't work, so for me, my only choice is to use the L&R RCA plugs on that factory cable and RCA couplers and another cable...L&R RCA -> 1/8". This would be for sending the audio line out from the PDVDP into a portable amp.For using an amp with RCA inputs, of course that last step with the couplers is not needed.

For 2 channel audio you might try using a digital output from the Samsung into a DAC if you have that option. This should offer the best quality.

May 15, 2007 at 9:05 PM Post #4 of 4
Yeah,connecting an outboard DAC ( i don't have one now) should give the best sound,but for now i just want to see if i like it as a stand alone portable for redbook i.e. if its better than my vintage pcdps.So i'll use one of these adapters

to connect the audio L+R RCAs of the AV cable to the headamp and if i like the sound i guess i can have a special cable build with a four-section AV 3.5 mm plug on one end and an audio-only miniplug at the other end
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back