how to clean wax out of my denon C710 :(
Apr 27, 2013 at 1:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

timaishu

New Head-Fier
I have had my C710's for quite awhile now. Around 3 years. The right side mess is completed covered in a small layer of wax, the left side is still mostly clear aside from a few small patches. The mesh isn't the hard metal kind like on my cheapies. Its more of a fabric type something that is moveable if you poke at it.

I just did a listening test and the left side is louder than the right, I do not notice at all when they are both in, but it personally bothers me.

Any ideas on how to clean these? Is it even possible? Or maybe replace the mesh?"

Apr 27, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #2 of 5
My IEM's ( Sleek SA6's ) came with a little brush with a thin wire loop on the other end, which is for cleaning wax. maybe something like this would work for you. You could us a cotton swab with a little alchohol on it and gently rub on the screen. You might be able to find a small brush like this in a hobby shop for model painting, or maybe a small makeup brush would work. Just brain storming :)

Apr 27, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #3 of 5
I ended up trying the hydrogen peroxide method I read about after googleing. It helped immensely, but it is still not totally clean. The side that had barely anything is almost totally clear, the blocked side though, the build up is gone, but the mesh is still a different color, so I am guess it is wax in between the mesh fibers. Still though, the right side is less clear than the left. OR maybe I am going deaf in my right ear?

Apr 27, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #4 of 5
Turns out my computer doesn't output the same level of volume to both drivers. I swapped sides(right driver into left ear) and now my left side is quitter than the right.

Atleast I know I am not going deaf, still annoying though regardless.

Apr 27, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #5 of 5
You can adjust balance in windows, perhaps its off, control panel - sound - right click on default player - properties - levels - balance, mine has a mess of sliders for all the options in surround sound it looks like, they will all inbe a percentage of 100%, just match left and right levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back