How To Build One Of The World's Finest Dynamic Headphones (markl Denon AH-D5000 Mods)
Aug 20, 2009 at 3:42 AM Post #631 of 811
Soon another place will have them, but hopefully they are identical and not mass produced to lesser quality, but J-Money said he is out of stock and yea, Im really worried now, even if someone else gets them. Why else sell em through another outlet?

Sep 2, 2009 at 5:23 AM Post #632 of 811
can i use different brand of polyaster filling? couldn't find the "mountain mist"
brand in my country... has anybody did this mod with another filling and can comment on the results?

Sep 2, 2009 at 4:48 PM Post #634 of 811
Quote:

Originally Posted by plonter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can i use different brand of polyaster filling? couldn't find the "mountain mist"
brand in my country... has anybody did this mod with another filling and can comment on the results?

Dead Sea Seaweed?

wink.gif

Sep 3, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #635 of 811
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Soon another place will have them, but hopefully they are identical and not mass produced to lesser quality, but J-Money said he is out of stock and yea, Im really worried now, even if someone else gets them. Why else sell em through another outlet?

"Hi *****,
Thanks for your order.

Unfortunately, I am currently sold out of my ear pads for Denons so if you'd like to buy some asap, I suggest you order from headphone.com

they aren't on their site yet so you'd have to call in for now, or you can wait as they should be up soon.

Please let me know

thanks"
-------------------------------------------------
-they are in stock and I ordered some yesterday

Sep 15, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #636 of 811
Mark, if you're still reading this, have you experimented any with regular fiberglass as a cup filler, instead of fiberloft? I've put some in the D5000's I just got (with rest of the dynamat part of the mod already done by the seller), seems to a decent job of controlling the bass which was still a bit too loose for my taste with the unfilled cup.

Oct 24, 2009 at 11:54 PM Post #637 of 811
do you think the 7000 could improve with mod, i honestly havent had any of the farty bass response with these, if anything id like a tad bit more,, also the highs seem a bit too high,, but overall i am super pleased,, i do def plan on getting some larger earpads to stick on em, but havent a clue which to get...is it easy to just change the pads,, everytime im about to start digging around i just remeber how much they cost.
----note, the one gripe i have is with the chord, its coated with nylon something and twists, and sucks, i got small kink within a week and now i am super careful. what are the best replacemnt cables to go with em
thanks
-denon 7000, audio technica at ha25d amp/dac, ue triplefi 10vi, predator amp/dac
-pioneer dhp800-se dir800c, sony mdr6000--
-ue superfi 5 EB
smily_headphones1.gif
> westone 3
frown.gif

Nov 9, 2009 at 2:00 AM Post #638 of 811
Does anyone prefer the Markl D5000's without the pads stuffed? I've taken it out of my pair and find the sound more balanced with the mids no longer recessed. They just lack a bit of top-end air/openess and a limited headstage but presumably that may be addressed with the replacement earcups?

Overall very nice and keepers to accompany the HD800's I just bought.

Nov 9, 2009 at 1:26 PM Post #639 of 811
I've found mine a bit loose in the bass, even with replacement cups, when there's no filler at all. I am now using a fairly loose pack of long-fiber raw wool as a filler, and that works very well for me - tames the bass without sucking out the mids (and hence over-emphasizing the highs).

Nov 9, 2009 at 4:33 PM Post #640 of 811
I wouldn't want my D5000's to sound any different.
Definitely not more laid-back, not a tigher bass and no way I want the treble to have more sparkle.
I think they sound just marvelous without any mod.

Nov 9, 2009 at 4:43 PM Post #641 of 811
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Definitely not more laid-back, not a tigher bass and no way I want the treble to have more sparkle.

In other words, you decided to post here because you're not going to do the mod ... brilliant.

Nov 9, 2009 at 4:43 PM Post #642 of 811
Quote:

I thought that till I heard the LA7000s. Then I wanted to mod my 5000s. Still Have not got around to it, but the modified 7000s were awesome. Very tight, impactful base, clear detailed mids, bigger/better headstage. Recessed maybe a little.

Nov 9, 2009 at 5:22 PM Post #643 of 811
Quote:

Originally Posted by roker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In other words, you decided to post here because you're not going to do the mod ... brilliant.

Yes, and you're the genius who quotes me
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 9, 2009 at 5:22 PM Post #644 of 811
I onced thought that I want this mod and I was really close to doing it, but than I decided that I want them as they are. I also was bothered by the more extended highs this mod offers, they are already very extended.
right now, I think that they are perfect and the bass is very tight.

anyway, I think that it is very legitimate to also post opinions agains this mod..(not bashing)

Nov 9, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #645 of 811
Quote:

Yes, and you're the genius who quotes me
bigsmile_face.gif

I know spam when I see it, it's my job to highlight it.

thank you, sir!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back