How tall are you? poll
Oct 10, 2005 at 6:54 AM Post #61 of 146
Quote:

Originally Posted by saturnine
Nah, I love cold weather. You'll find me wearing shorts and a T-shirt in freezing weather.
wink.gif

Me too! I own like 20 pairs of shorts to 2 or 3 pairs of long pants that I ever wear. Part of the reason is my knees and ankles are so thick a lot of pants are uncomfortable and I'm too cheap to have clothes made. I usually wear gym shorts and tee shirts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rauer
There seems to be a bias in polls like this. It seems that 90% of members are above average height (and IQ on some other threads). I find that in a statistical sense a bit hard to believe.

No, light years.
wink.gif

Yes, we use SI standard measurement units - like just about the whole world (incl. the USA?) has agreed to do. It's just the Brits who insist on using ancient ones.
wink.gif

But ti's much more fun to say "6 - 8" instead of "2.05"

Oct 10, 2005 at 8:16 AM Post #66 of 146
6'1"=187cm
185lbs=13 stone, 3 lbs=84kg

My wife is 5'nothing

We should really all go metric, but it's hard to change old habits. Metric measures are so much easier to calculate with.

There's a lot of tall people here.

Oct 10, 2005 at 9:13 AM Post #68 of 146
6'2 here.

interesting poll. if i remember correctly, the average adult male height in the US is around 5'10, while 45% of us here are significantly taller than that. granted we arent all from the US, nor are we all male, but those two generalizations of the headfi community would still make things works.

EDIT: oh and if this has been said already, i appologize. too many pages to read.....

Oct 10, 2005 at 9:28 AM Post #70 of 146
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil_JV
Wow! 14feet tall and 130lbs. You must be the lankiest man on earth. I thought I was at about 5'10" and 135lbs. I'm super skinny. I can't gain weight. I eat as much as I can without throwing up and I stay at the same weight.

JV.

Exercise? I was pretty skinny when I was 16-20 or so, around 160-165lbs for 5'11", ate tons of food everyday, did nothing, then I bought a punching bag and gloves n started hitting the thing everyday for at least 30 minutes, I gained muscle and enough weight to look just right (imho of course).

There's nothing like exercising to gain weight if you're lacking it and lose weight if you're overweight. Forget trying anything else, it just isn't worth the hassle.

Oct 10, 2005 at 10:12 AM Post #72 of 146
Quote:

Originally Posted by discord
After looking at how much all of you weigh I think i'm probably the lightest one here(130lbs).

I am 5 ft 10" and am around 110+ lbs... .YAY I WIN!
biggrin.gif

No, I am NOT anorexic, nor do I aspire to be a supermodel... I just run middle distance...

Oct 10, 2005 at 2:35 PM Post #74 of 146
5'11" 208-213lbs (weight fluctuates daily)

that's down from a high of 250lbs about 5-6months ago... so lost about 40lbs in about 1/2 year. bench press max weight has increased about 80-100% (to about 220lbs), as well as most other benchmarks. on the eliptical trainer, i can push 900+ calories / 1 hour (which is insane.)

most people here seem on the skinny side... if not almost anorexic by the comments. heh he. but anyone that's fat out there, i tell ya, it can be done... i have not modified my diet much, besides just eating 1/2-1/4 as much, and i work out like an insane mutha fuka.

anyway, i'm happy, so i figured i'd just smile to the world here.
biggrin.gif

(ps- forgot to add... i had hydrostatic testing and metabolic testing done as part of a bet. at that time i was already a couple months into my routine and tested at 180lbs lean body mass (so out of 230lbs 4 months ago, i was carrying 50lbs or 25% fat). metabolic rate was +16% normal. i will weigh in again in december (the end of the bet) and i will post the results if anyone cares.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back