how obsessed are you with your headphone hobby?
Sep 19, 2006 at 12:10 AM Post #46 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen
Yup, you're right, at the stage in life you are at, I agree....Do just that till ya 50+ and then get back to me on it...LOL

Enjoy your show, and have a great time; I did!!!!!

Thanks! Patricia Barber is singing this weekend. There's just so many concerts and not enough time and money.

Sep 19, 2006 at 12:42 AM Post #47 of 73
I love headphones....however, Live music is always way more exciting. I've actually have spent way more money on traveling to different cities to different venues of various acoustics to see a bunch of live bands and orchetras.

Headphones are great but will never ever hold a candle to live music. I don't care if the details in resolution is higher. Music, ultimatley is about the spirit and something that you can never fully bottle in a CD or headphone.

To me, it's better spend a reasonable amount of money on audio equpiment and then, spend more on seeing live shows.

I just saw Roger Waters the other night and it was just so incredible. No headphone experience will ever top that, I don't care how much you spend. The real thing is the real deal.

Sep 19, 2006 at 1:11 AM Post #48 of 73
Badly, but the worst is fading. I'm nearing the completion of my "intro the the K-1000" rig, and that will do until I have a career ... and a girlfriend
k1000smile.gif

Sep 19, 2006 at 1:34 AM Post #49 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by ComfyCan
My wife thinks I'm depressed --isolating.

She doesn't get it; I'm quite happy, I just love listening to headphones. No way to explain it.

Ya I always reassure my gf that I am not trying to shut her out, but I just love sitting by myself in a quite room with music through my headphones and a glass of good wine in hand. I probably look super depressed, but I am totally enjoying it.

Sep 20, 2006 at 4:51 AM Post #51 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianS
selling the car.

I have considered selling my beater/commuter recently. I figure with the money I get for it I could pick up some PS-1's. That would be crazy though.....right
confused.gif

Sep 20, 2006 at 4:52 AM Post #52 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain
I have considered selling my beater/commuter recently. I figure with the money I get for it I could pick up some PS-1's. That would be crazy though.....right
confused.gif

maybe. mine isnt a beater and therefore i could afford my dream setup.

Sep 20, 2006 at 4:57 AM Post #53 of 73
Quote:

maybe. mine isnt a beater and therefore i could afford my dream setup.

Well I could sell my other car...but then I would have to ride my bike to work. I could do that now...but come winter that really wouldn't work. Plus cars are very useful...but who needs two?
biggrin.gif

Sep 20, 2006 at 5:03 AM Post #54 of 73
Quote:

selling the car.

My car is gone since the Omega II rig.

Well, later I've sold the Omega II rig, too.
No car, no Omega.
Lots of money though.$20000 in no time.
Not owning a car saves a lot nowadays.

In a weird way my headphone obsession has made me relatively wealthy.

Sep 20, 2006 at 5:12 AM Post #56 of 73
Riding in the winter was a problem with my Harley: The bags got hung up in the snow banks and things rusted out too fast from the salt on the roads in Michigan. I then rode my bicycle, including the second worst year on record for snowfall....I rode everyday but eight days that year! Put just shy of 15,000 miles on that Nishiki 10 speed. Had to quit riding when the anti-nukey protesters got a bit too serious and I didn't feel too confident riding into and out of work!

With all the lights and reflectors, my bicycle was accused of looking like a traveling circus!!
biggrin.gif

Sep 20, 2006 at 5:17 AM Post #57 of 73
I'm planning on ordering headphones that I can't afford so that I will have fuel for arguments about headphones.

Sep 20, 2006 at 5:50 AM Post #58 of 73
At this point..Im spending about 6 bucks a day on food.. I kind of regret spending a grand to get my root canal, but that was before I was heavy into phones.. I used to be good with money, now I blow my paychecks on Audio gear & phones.. I'm hoping my VHP-1 & future DAC upgrade will hold me over till January when I can afford a Singlepower tube amp..& maybe yet another DAC upgrade.. I guess I'm trying to find nirvana on a budget..A place that occupies all my time, gives me goose bumps, & saying wow over & over again..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back