How many upgraded from MS1/SR60 to DT880?
Feb 5, 2006 at 2:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

sionghchan

500+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

Just out of curiousity, how many here actually upgraded from their MS1/SR60 to the DT880 as I did? Would be interested in your upgrade path as well!

Actually, I had the MS1 for about 1 month before I decided that I had to have something with more resolution and more soundstage for my home listening and decided on the DT880. Got it and had my first WOW moment with a pair or headphones when I put it on with Dave Brubeck's Take Five. I was blown away by the decay of the cymbals. Then the soundstage was just unbelievable!

Initially, a DT880 was all I was willing to spend for my home listening but I found that the MS1 and SR60 is lacking in SO MANY aspects that I just couldn't bear one more day with it. So, I started to source for a HD580/600 for my office environment, found it and never went back.

My MS1 and SR60 are now sitting gathering dust.

SH

Feb 5, 2006 at 4:55 PM Post #2 of 4
Hehe, it sounds just like the road I'm going to take. I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy DT880 in the future but I want to try MS1 first.

Why don't you just sell the MS1 to me?
etysmile.gif
I'm currenly looking for one in the sale/trade forum.

Feb 5, 2006 at 7:17 PM Post #3 of 4
That's what I did. I went from the SR60 to the DT 880, and never looked back. In fact, I even gave the SR60s away recently, as I never listen to them. My like for the Grado sound completely diminished after owning the DT 880, and even further diminished after purchasing my AKG K240s. I always thought having a "fun and groovy" sound meant sacrificing a lot of detail and clarity, something that I felt the SR60 did. The K240s defy that, plenty of groove with decent clarity, at least much more so than the SR60.

Feb 7, 2006 at 9:51 AM Post #4 of 4
i'll take the sr60's if your interested in selling i also live in vancouver
eggosmile.gif
i want to buy the k701 but since these are going to be my first headphones i would like to see how the grados sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back