How Many Times Have Your LCD3 Headphones Been Returned to Audeze for Servicing (RMA)?
Sep 15, 2020 at 8:32 PM Post #536 of 560
Just had a pair of LCD-3 fazor fail on the right driver. Just a heads up to anyone wondering Audeze is now charging $580.00 for them to be repaired plus shipping and handling. This will be my last pair of Audeze's.

Are they still honored the 3-year driver replacement warranty? My LCD-3 got fixed a year ago (i'm out of fingers to count how many times this was). If a driver fails and they want ~$600 to fix, I'm not sure what to do. Such a pity to throw a beautiful sounding headphones away; but can't justify to pay to fix a non-fixable problem...

Sep 15, 2020 at 10:06 PM Post #537 of 560
Are they still honored the 3-year driver replacement warranty? My LCD-3 got fixed a year ago (i'm out of fingers to count how many times this was). If a driver fails and they want ~$600 to fix, I'm not sure what to do. Such a pity to throw a beautiful sounding headphones away; but can't justify to pay to fix a non-fixable problem...

Yeah when you get them fixed through them they give you a 3 year warranty on the drivers from the date of repair. Even though I enjoy the headphones very much I'm really considering selling them after I get them fixed. Their unreliability is always in the back of my mind. I would hate to keep them 3 years and have them fail after the warranty is up. I understand if it was few and far in between but it's a common problem and known issue.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2020 at 2:05 AM Post #538 of 560
Just had a pair of LCD-3 fazor fail on the right driver. Just a heads up to anyone wondering Audeze is now charging $580.00 for them to be repaired plus shipping and handling. This will be my last pair of Audeze's.

I should also mention that they add tax. I am a California resident. So total to repair is $624.00 plus shipping and handling each way.

Sep 10, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #539 of 560
My LCD-3 just failed, very low usage (I have a nice pair of speakers, so my headphone doesn't get much attention). I bought them back in 2014 and yesterday one side failed. I contacted Audeze, and like others have reported they want $580 USD + Shipping to get them fixed. They claim that this "rarely" happens. While I have read about the failure, I wasn't expecting mine to fail, since I have barely used them (max 50 hours I would say over the years).

My question, have they really fixed the issue or are they still failing? I'm kind of hesitating putting so much money on something if it's likely to fail again down the line. I kinda regret selling my T1 to buy those back in the days.

Sep 10, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #540 of 560
My LCD-3 just failed, very low usage (I have a nice pair of speakers, so my headphone doesn't get much attention). I bought them back in 2014 and yesterday one side failed. I contacted Audeze, and like others have reported they want $580 USD + Shipping to get them fixed. They claim that this "rarely" happens. While I have read about the failure, I wasn't expecting mine to fail, since I have barely used them (max 50 hours I would say over the years).

My question, have they really fixed the issue or are they still failing? I'm kind of hesitating putting so much money on something if it's likely to fail again down the line. I kinda regret selling my T1 to buy those back in the days.
Drivers fail. You should ask them to define “rarely”. Because Audeze driver failure is definitely an issue I’ve been bitten with.

I know from personal experience Audeze drivers have failed quicker and I have zero desire to buy a used pair (or new) headphone from them after paying to fix my lcd x.

I’m just not interested in Audeze anymore. The crbn looks cool but nobody has them and they’re taking forever to get them out to people.

one last thing…..if you do get them fixed you’re getting the newest revision. So they won’t sound like a 2013 pair. You should try to find a newer pair and listen before buying. I prefer older revisions

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back