How many people plan on selling their UM2's when the 3's come out?
Mar 12, 2007 at 7:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

flamerz

Headphoneus Supremus
Sorry, I have to do this. >_> I'm getting desperate, being IEMless and all. I want to know how many people will be selling their UM2's around the same time, giving me an idea of how much the price will hopefully drop.
tongue.gif

Being nearly broke sucks.
mad.gif

Mar 12, 2007 at 3:21 PM Post #4 of 26
I'm going to wait for the initial, "OMG I love the brand new ________'s" buzz to die down to figure out if it's worth upgrading.

Mar 12, 2007 at 3:24 PM Post #5 of 26
i will want to here it myself if it a big step from um2. E500 had lots of hype but it only so slightly better than um2 imo...

Mar 12, 2007 at 4:17 PM Post #6 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiomagnate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm going to wait for the initial, "OMG I love the brand new ________'s" buzz to die down to figure out if it's worth upgrading.

So am I. Hopefully there will be a number of comparisons between the two. If it's not a significant upgrade, I probably won't get them, esp. since they'll be used primarily for portable use.

Mar 12, 2007 at 5:13 PM Post #7 of 26
Not selling them ever since they were a gift. Money aside, I'm not that focused on killer portable rigs either so selling-UM2s-to-upgrade-to-UM3s never even came up in my mind
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 12, 2007 at 5:26 PM Post #10 of 26
I very recently bought UM2s after debating whether I wanted to wait on UM3. After seeing the price on UM3s though I had to make a budgetary call to go with UM2 instead.

The UM3s are going to be $399--$140 more than UM2s--and $60 north of what you can get E500s for. As an IEM for me is never going to be more than a part-time headphone I decided to go with a more sensible value choice for *me*.

Perhaps the UM3 will blow everyone's mind -- but $400 is just too much money for me to spend for a headphone I'll probably only be using every so often.

Mar 14, 2007 at 1:40 PM Post #12 of 26
Too much money. The UM's used to be less expensive than the Shure counter products but now they would be in the same range, not that Shure is any better. If they offer the open sound of a good headphone, maybe, otherwise I wouldn't pay that much for something that keeps the sound in your head.

Mar 14, 2007 at 3:57 PM Post #13 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiomagnate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Same here!
I am perfectly happy with my UM2's, and hence no rush updating to Westone3.

Mar 14, 2007 at 6:41 PM Post #15 of 26
i think that's what flamerz is hoping for, and he is trying to see if there will be a lot of um2s on the forsale forum...

but shoot flamerz...you just gave me another itch to upgrade! i knew i shouldn't have opened this thread..
580smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back