How many hours per day to you listen?
Aug 18, 2004 at 4:06 AM Post #46 of 61
My listening times vary, sometimes 3 - 4 hours. There're days when I don't listen at all. When I'm really busy, I still try to snick at least a song a day. Right now, I'm away from home and haven't listened to anything for two days.
mad.gif

Aug 18, 2004 at 6:18 AM Post #51 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by pbirkett
I cant understand why that should cause envy? I do enjoy my headphones, but there ARE other things in life, you know?

The thing is I really love listening to music. In the old days, I could afford 6-8 hours dedicated to listening music. Now it is almost always stereo-on-but-doing-something-else. Most of the "other things" in my life consist of work and household cores. Mr regular day :

08:30 wake up
09:30 go to work
22:00 back home from work
22:15 shower
22:40 laundry / disk washing / ironing
23:00 check emails / pay bills etc

So basically I have from 2300 till whenever I decide to sleep to really listen to music . . . which is also a problem because I don't want to disturb my neighbours but still want to listen loud - hence headphones.

Part of the problem is I don't ever seem to be getting around to really listening to my new CDs. To remedy the situation, I recently bought an iRiver H320 so I can take a large chunk of my music collection with me - this gives me the option to listen to music during traffic jams or when people I am supposed to meet are seriosuly late. Hence also my discovery of this site during the search for better headphones.

All I can say is that I simply do not spend enough time with my msuic. Which is why I envy people who can afford to and do listen to music 4+ hrs frequently.

Aug 18, 2004 at 7:06 AM Post #52 of 61
I listen to my cans about 2-3 hours each day and maybe sometimes a few more hours at night and into my sleep, which I don't really count...but if it did that would again add another 5 hours onto my total. Sleeping with headphones seems to really help me sleep much better and more soundly. Well, that and along with my tempur-pedic, it also contributes to that extreme comfort!! But as school is starting soon, those numbers could change in that they could go either way. Sometimes, while doing homework, I will listen to my cans even more due to the fact that I sometimes have a ton of H.W. But, if it is during a day where I have school all day long without much time to do anything else, and am not at home, the listening time is severely shortened. And during the days wherein I don't listen to them at all, my day quickly turns into a very bad and depressing day.
frown.gif
So overall, school can be a good thing for headphones, or the opposite.

I'm also curious as to how you guys/girls listen to your cans in terms of what position you find yourselves mostly in, or what position you are most comfortable with?

I mostly listen sitting up in a chair while doing HW. But when I'm reading or am completely immersed in the music and nothing else, I lie down on my bed. This allows my mind to be transported to that special psychedelic/euphoric/blissful-like place (without drugs of course
biggrin.gif
), transfixed into that meditative-like state of mind a lot easier vs. sitting up.

Aug 18, 2004 at 3:03 PM Post #55 of 61
I listen about an hour or two a day. About 90% of the time on my PC now. It's nice having audio files on the PC where I can change albums/songs so quickly.

Artists in heavy rotation:

4 Non Blondes
Neil Young
Pat Travers
Roger Waters
Gary Jules
America
Corrosion of Conformity
System of a Down

Aug 18, 2004 at 6:18 PM Post #56 of 61
2 hours per day, average. While using the PC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeplin
I mostly listen sitting up in a chair while doing HW. But when I'm reading or am completely immersed in the music and nothing else, I lie down on my bed. This allows my mind to be transported to that special psychedelic/euphoric/blissful-like place (without drugs of course), transfixed into that meditative-like state of mind a lot easier vs. sitting up.

I can't foresee when I'm going to reach that blissful place.
The position doesn't count, the moment does.
Sometimes I feel the strong need to listen to a particular song, and as soon as I do it, I reach that place.
One of the strongest experience I had of that place was during a concert of an harp player (Vollenweider), it was like my mind exploded.
Sometimes I reach it without music. It just happens.

Aug 18, 2004 at 7:29 PM Post #57 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
It goes in waves for me. At least 1-2 hours every day unless I'm extremely busy. A day without headphones is like a day without sunshine! More often than not, about 3-4 hours per day. At times, 9-10 hours per day!

LOL some of us prefer rain... Living in SoCal I actually get excited everytime I look outside and see overcast. When it rains...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I listen to my headphones between 4 and 10 hours a day and most typically around 5-6 hours. You know something... looking at that makes me realise, I really should get custom IEM's the comfort alone would be worth it.
biggrin.gif
<my wallet really, really, hates Head-Fi>

Nov 30, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #59 of 61
This will be the thread resurrection of the decade for sure...

I listen to my headphones on average, about 3-5 hours per day.  

Jul 5, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #60 of 61
I listen on my  Yamaha EPH 100 IEMs my way into and from school, which is about an hour each way. Then I listen sometimes maybe half an hour at school. When I get home I listen on my Beyer DT990 Pro for maybe 3 to 4 hours, and also use them while gaming, which is another 2 or 3 hours, so total is about 6-8 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back