How Many DVD Players do you own?
Oct 28, 2003 at 1:34 AM Post #32 of 38
I doubt anyone really wants to hear one more.. but oh well

Full sized: Philips 963sa, Apex something, toshiba something, and some cheesy knockoff brand.
Desktop: DVD-ROM
Laptops: 4 DVD-ROM
That makes 9.

Oct 28, 2003 at 1:42 AM Post #33 of 38
Quote:

Originally posted by Chinchy
Philips 963sa, Apex something, toshiba something, and some cheesy knockoff brand.

If you don't consider the Apex a knockoff brand, I shudder to think what the "cheesy knockoff brand" you mention is.
tongue.gif

smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 28, 2003 at 3:15 AM Post #36 of 38
Quote:

Originally posted by lini
Oh, I'm sorry - but three floors from my place lives my friend Jürgen, who still has his original IBM XT (including a 10 MB 5 1/4" full height MFM drive...
wink.gif
My only brick size drive was a Micropolis 650 MB ESDI - sold long ago, but probably still alive (my friend Georg bought another one of these then, and it still works, too...).

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

I still have the original AT
biggrin.gif
, it's more recognized, the XT wasn't really a major player. It actually runs pretty well, besides the fact that only basic DOS programs run, but it's fun to flip the PS ON switch on the right side
biggrin.gif
...it's heavy as a mofo too ...
wink.gif

I also had an original 8mm SCSI-1 Tape Drive in it, made by 'mountain', I took it out and forgot where I put it (just remembered about it now)...it's got a slide-eject switch.

Oct 28, 2003 at 6:42 PM Post #37 of 38
Quote:

Originally posted by Sol_Zhen
If you don't consider the Apex a knockoff brand, I shudder to think what the "cheesy knockoff brand" you mention is.
tongue.gif

smily_headphones1.gif

Yes that is true, but at least the Apex is at the top of the heap of cheesy knockoffs
smily_headphones1.gif
. Their claim to fame was their "secret" features like the region free stuff. The cheesy one I mentioned is called Philo or something to that effect. Almost like a name merging of Philips and Sanyo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back