How many albums do you have in your collection?
Sep 10, 2003 at 7:42 PM Post #31 of 39
I just cut it down from about 100 to 80, some stuff just had to go. 20 years old, collecting for about 3 years now.

Sep 10, 2003 at 8:56 PM Post #32 of 39
like, 10. which i listen to a _lot_. used to have hundreds...lost them all one way or another, restarting the collection again. good thing i have several hundred albums on the computer to keep me busy
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 14, 2003 at 1:45 PM Post #33 of 39
I have no idea how many exactly. But I'll put it this way: if I spend 3 hours a night listening to my collection, one CD after another, without repeat, 365 nights a year, then it'll take at least 18 months to go though my collection once...Ah the evil of cheap used CDs.

Sep 14, 2003 at 3:25 PM Post #34 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by marios_mar
hey tuberoler. Did you buy all those records yourself?Did you have a record store? How old are you?

I purchased most of this music but I almost always buy vinyl used as part of a complete collection. Recently people have been just giving my records and frankly I have been turning most of these gifts away as I have no room to store them. I'm 36 and I purchased my very first record(a 45rpm) at 11,I think. I bought my first LP at 13 and worked at two record stores by the time I was 15. I raided Tower Records and Rose Records when they both dumped all their vinyl about 13 years ago and purchased thousands of records,most of which are still sealed,for as little as 25 cents each. I dread all the others I left behind to be thrown away. I usually buy new vinyl when Musicdirect has one of their sales,though I am really starting to dislike that place and the snobs that work and hang out there.

Sep 14, 2003 at 6:56 PM Post #36 of 39
Hi Guys,

Long time no see eh?

My collection is coming along very nicely. I've curtailed my buying a bit in recent months due to financial restrictions but at the moment my collections stands as follows.

8-Track 56
CD's 1656
DVDs 362
Laserdisc 36
Reel-Reel 1
LPs 786
Singles 200 approx
Minidiscs 1 Commercial and around 250 home recorded
Tapes 100 approx

I just recently cataloged my collection so I know that the figures are accurate. I'm still working on it hence why the approximation on the Singles / MD / Tapes

Sound As Ever

Sep 14, 2003 at 7:02 PM Post #37 of 39
700 albums and 20 years old tomorrow.
biggrin.gif
What a meaningless age.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back