how is the MF A3.24? p.s. how do you get an Aqvox?
Apr 18, 2006 at 11:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

EdipisReks

Banned
i'm hoping that i will be able to get a nice used Stello DA220 off audiogon, but i've been looking at other DACs in the $800+/- price range in case the deal falls through. the usual suspects, Ack Dacks, Bel Canto Dac 2s and Benchmarks, cross my mind, but the MF A3.24 looks intersting. i've heard the X-Ray V3, which i like, and i was just wondering how the A3.24 fares against other well known DACs. my transport will be a modded MH CD25.

also, the AQVOX is an interesting looking source. it should fit in my price, and i like the looks and the defeatable upsampling (which rules out the CEC, unfortunately), but i have absolutely no idea of how one goes about getting one.

hopefully i'll get that Stello, but i appreciate any help that can be given. thanks!

Apr 19, 2006 at 12:02 AM Post #2 of 5
I am searching for Audiogon in the last few days, as you I guess
tongue.gif

I have seen a stello D200 I think, or its a 220 ?

Anyway, it seems we are looking more or less on the same DACs.
whats so special with the Stello that makes you want to buy it ?
I was also interested in the MF A3.24, he is a popular product I think, but as most Musical Fidelity products they get hugh positive reviews on the net, which makes me wonder about their reliability.

Good luck, and keep us informed
icon10.gif

Apr 19, 2006 at 12:46 AM Post #4 of 5
MF dosent get a lot of press here, but rather on the NET, the big Internet you know...
tongue.gif

There is a world outside Head-Fi you know, lol
icon10.gif

I am just reading the Stello review on SoundStage, sounds tempting
basshead.gif

I will end up with a a headache as I see it, too much options that I can't listen to, its a real abuse
eek.gif

Apr 19, 2006 at 6:15 AM Post #5 of 5
Unfortunately I can't give you any of my own opinions on it, because I've never heard it, but seeing as I'm yet another in the same boat as you, I did remember a review on it by Stereophile.

http://stereophile.com/digitalprocessors/561/

Hope it's of some use. I'm never too sure about Stereophile's reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back