How I built an iPod Connector
Feb 13, 2007 at 2:34 AM Post #17 of 106
Bump this for people that might interested.
I am certainly one since i will need a good dock connector to test the great IC Cantsleep is building me and other head-fier.
And although i already have a good Qable LOD it would be usefull to have a female connector to put other type of IC to it like RCA cable and whatnot.
I will try to build one and let yall know of my results
biggrin.gif

Do you guys know where i can find an Ipod Dock Connector for cheaper and faster?

Feb 19, 2007 at 6:21 PM Post #18 of 106
Hi Guys,
I have been lurking here for a while and learned a great deal (yes the wallet has been suffering too
tongue.gif
). Since been to the forum my PC sound and portables have started to sound amazing. I always thought of compressed audio to be inferior and cannot sound good. Well, I was wrong. Since coming here, I got a Chaintech, a Zhoalu DAC and a PortaPro/KSC75, and couldn't be happier!

I also want to share my first DIY cable pic.

Canare cables and Neutrik Profi plugs. It sounds great and has been a lot of fun.
Thanks guys!
PS: my first post here.

Apr 3, 2007 at 9:24 AM Post #20 of 106
cruul wrote: Quote:

I also want to share my first DIY cable pic.

Canare cables and Neutrik Profi plugs. It sounds great and has been a lot of fun.

Which Canare cable did you use? I'm thinking of going the braided silver path, but Canar coax looks tempting.

Jun 3, 2007 at 3:52 AM Post #25 of 106
I built my first ipod line out using this thread. Thanks!

I think a tutorial on soldering lots of wires into this connector would be awesome. I was thinking about removing all but the 3 useful pins, soldering the extra pins onto the 3 pins to extend them inside the case, and soldering multiple wires to each pin.

Jun 3, 2007 at 6:26 AM Post #26 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by fordgtlover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the kind words. I have an update on an iPod connector to rca connectors to do shortly.

cheers

I built one similar to yours using the information you provided, great work. Thank you.

Jun 3, 2007 at 6:43 PM Post #27 of 106
Yeah, this is truly a great thread. It helped me out a bunch! THIS SHOULD BE A STICKY!!!!!!!

Jun 4, 2007 at 6:16 AM Post #28 of 106
I'll be doing a tutorial for making a Zen LOD as soon as i get some free time to sit down for a few hours and crank one out.

Provided I can get my camera to take photos as close up as the OP...

Great tutorial, btw!

Jun 4, 2007 at 6:30 AM Post #29 of 106
COOL THREAD, MUCHO PROPS

Jun 7, 2007 at 1:11 AM Post #30 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bones55 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll be doing a tutorial for making a Zen LOD as soon as i get some free time to sit down for a few hours and crank one out.

Provided I can get my camera to take photos as close up as the OP...

Great tutorial, btw!

PLEASE! Zen's need LOD love too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back