How Head-Fi saved my wallet...
Oct 28, 2003 at 11:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Padre

New Head-Fier
Definately not the standard thing heard around here but read on, it's true!!!

Today I recieved my new beyer pads for my V6s in the mail. I just got them on thanks to some of the threads. It wasnt too hard but not easy either which is the way I prefer it (I'd rather the pads fit too tight than too loose).

Anyway back to the saving my wallet comment. I had started to think that I was going to have to hunt for somthing new because the comfort just wasn't there. After maybe a hour my ears hurt enough that I couldn't use the V6s anymore and had to swith to something else. With the the new pads I think that I could wear these for much longer, probably until my hearing was fatigued rather than my ears being fatigued if that makes any sense. The beyer pads are more comfortable to the area surrounding your ears and give your ears more space inside the 'phones. These are now truly circumaural for me rather than semiaural as they were before. So because of Head-Fi I spent $28 rather than whatever a new set of 'phones would have cost me!

Thanks Head-Fi!

Oct 28, 2003 at 11:56 PM Post #2 of 13
liiieeessss
redface.gif

Oct 28, 2003 at 11:57 PM Post #3 of 13
without this place, you wouldn't have bought the phones in the first place most likely.

saving wallets is not something we encourage around here, stop spreading these lies!
biggrin.gif

-dd3mon

Oct 28, 2003 at 11:58 PM Post #4 of 13
glad u like the new mod...i totally agree with you cause i could only use the v6's for maybe an albulm max and then my ears would hurt until i ripped 'em off with relief.

maybe u're wallet might not be thanking head-fi after auditioning other equipment
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 29, 2003 at 12:05 AM Post #5 of 13
You think that little, successful modification is going to do anything less than fully set the HeadFi hook in your mouth? Be happy now, but chances are that you will be even happier with your next new (HeadFi inspired) amp or interconnects or source or CD or (gasp!
eek.gif
) headphones. The first one's always free . . .

Oct 29, 2003 at 12:09 AM Post #6 of 13
There may be some good that can come of this. We could turn this into an "excuses for the girlfriend/wife/significant other" thread!

example: "Honey, I spent only 19 bucks (We won't tell them about S&H) that saved me from spending $100!"

It could work...

Oct 29, 2003 at 12:10 AM Post #7 of 13
Head-Fi giveth, Head-fi taketh away!!

Oct 29, 2003 at 12:17 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by Old Pa
The first one's always free . . .

\

Old Pa knows. He is wise.
wink.gif

Oct 29, 2003 at 1:54 AM Post #11 of 13
even with beyer pads my ears still hurt after a couple hours?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back