How does the shure 1540 compare to the Philips fidelio x1?
Sep 11, 2014 at 4:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Phearzmeh

Head-Fier
I'm just wondering how they compare. I'm new to the audio world. My main drivers are the x1s and the shure 1540s sound up my alley but I don't want to buy them if they're too similar.
Thanks for looking!

Oct 4, 2014 at 8:07 PM Post #2 of 7
Bump.

Wondering the same thing, in particular the bass.  I like how low the X-1 goes, it has good strong bass, but maybe a little artificial at times?

Would really like to see a comparison of the two.

I am going to ask on the 1540 review thread also, see if anyone there has tried both.

Thanks!

Oct 4, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #5 of 7
Dec 13, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #6 of 7
I have not compared the two, but I do own the Shure 1540.  I would not classify it as a basshead can, but it is bass present but well controlled.  It has been compared as being a HD650, but closed back.  As far as the compared to the X1 I would say they are very similar overall, but the X1 would have a little bit more of an airy feel do to the open back design.  I will say this though the 1540 does an excellent job at having an open feel, despite being closed.  I was very surprised by this.  I think ultimately what it should come down to what suites you best, an open or closed back headphone.  I hope this kinda helps, it is a shame I could not offer an exact comparison.

Dec 13, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #7 of 7
Thanks! :D I really do need to get my hands on one to try it out. I would have to say that I've discovered I'm more of a t50rp kinda guy so i don't know if i'll actually get a 1540 anytime in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back