How do you switch components?
Feb 14, 2007 at 2:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

gz76

1000+ Head-Fier
Want to get peoples opinions on how they connect up their hardware. I find that I'm unplugging interconnects all the time to switch between headphone amps and loudspeaker amps (I don't have any form of passthrough on my amps). I'm a fan of 'shortest-route possible' so I've been hesitant to introduce a switch box, however I'm sure that the constant un/plugging is causing additional wear and tear on my connectors.What do you guys and gals all do? If you do use a switch box, which one have you chosen, and why?

Feb 14, 2007 at 7:30 AM Post #2 of 3
A switchbox doesn't really affect the sound. I've got one I paid $20 for and it works just fine. If you're worried about loss of sound, you can find an Alps rotary selector switch for $15 or so and easily DIY your own with the internal cabling and RCA jacks of your choice.

Feb 22, 2007 at 8:29 AM Post #3 of 3
Well, I didn't really get much of a response (thanks for nothing guys!!!), so figured I'd just keep swapping cables around until I got time to DIY a switchbox, and then I found these:

splittersmall.jpg

I figure these splitters will suffice for now, so I'm going to order them in the next few days. Does anyone else use them? I assume there's no adverse effect on the signal, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back