How do you like your steak cooked?
Nov 30, 2011 at 1:32 PM Post #18 of 131

Quote:
On premium quality steaks I usually like them medium rare and once in a while rare. Agree with pigmode on coals that starts off as wood, namely Kiawe wood.

Mesquite, for the ocean impaired. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 30, 2011 at 1:58 PM Post #20 of 131
It always of course depends on the quality of the meat in question, but assuming a great piece of meat.....rare - medium rare depending on mood.

Nov 30, 2011 at 2:00 PM Post #21 of 131
In reality, there are only 3 steak temperatures:  Blue, Rare, and Toast. 

All of you who are cooking your steak to MR or above are ruining very fine, very expensive food.  The cow did not die to have its flesh desecrated by you ********

Dec 1, 2011 at 12:00 AM Post #25 of 131
Medium-rare for me.

Dec 1, 2011 at 12:08 AM Post #27 of 131
Two of the best steaks ive ever eaten, both medium well. Both were around 50$ a piece, i however have ordered a single steak from that same restraunt same cut, however in medium rare(more by accident) and i however disliked it. 

A lot of people like medium rare, as we can see however i am very big on textures in my food. And yes i do cut the fat off, as silly as it may seem, any sized piece of fat is sickening to me and ive nearly lost my food because of it one time. Cant stand fat, and i like my meat to be thoroughly cooked. Reddness is a different texture, and is more spongey/chewy to me. 

Dec 1, 2011 at 12:32 AM Post #28 of 131

Quote:

nothing beats medium rare porterhouse from peter lugers!

I've eaten their twice. It's a fun place that I've enjoyed. Definitely good beef. My favorite steak experience was at Robert et Louise restaurant in Paris. They actually cook the steak in the dining room in the wood fire place. So old style rustic and seriously good in the major league of steaks. I think steak devotees will also regard Florence Italy as perhaps one of the best places on earth for steaks because of the similar style of cooking with using real wood. The Florentine steaks are a world contender that I hope to try someday. 

Dec 1, 2011 at 12:33 AM Post #29 of 131
Well-done, please.

Why is it that in some places the steak will taste like sweaty, deodorant-less armpits?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back