How do I convince people that audio cables DO NOT make a difference
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 14, 2021 at 11:40 PM Post #2,296 of 3,657
Einstein’s Unified Theory was never proven. Only Jr. Scientists have to prove everything therefor it doesn’t exist. Real Scientists realize that there are millions of things which can’t prove but witness their existence.
1. Science does not know everything, but even if the experiments are out of reach, mathematically it can be proven.
2. Science does know it’s limitations, but it does not resort to inventions of creative imaginations to explain currently not-well-understood phenomena.
3. Your argument is a slippery slope
4. You have to provide the evidence to support your claims, not us.

Apr 14, 2021 at 11:42 PM Post #2,297 of 3,657
1618457685814.png

Pretty sure the primary claim in this thread is that audio cables "DO NOT" make a difference :wink:
As I said, you cannot prove a negative. And this makes the question irrelevant in terms of logic. You have to prove that cables make a difference, if not, the null prevails.

Apr 14, 2021 at 11:54 PM Post #2,298 of 3,657
Apr 15, 2021 at 12:52 AM Post #2,299 of 3,657
Apr 15, 2021 at 12:55 AM Post #2,300 of 3,657
1. Science does not know everything, but even if the experiments are out of reach, mathematically it can be proven.
2. Science does know it’s limitations, but it does not resort to inventions of creative imaginations to explain currently not-well-understood phenomena.
3. Your argument is a slippery slope
4. You have to provide the evidence to support your claims, not us.

It can not be proven in mathematical terms, that’s my point.

Apr 15, 2021 at 2:56 AM Post #2,301 of 3,657
It would suck to have your gear, if you can't hear the difference. Just saying
Could you please let us know, what gear exactly you use and what cables on what songs makes audible differences and what they are? No need for long lists, just couple of examples would be enough. BGGAR style, you give us few songs and timestamps where there are differences and how you perceive them.

This at least would be helpful for everyone, as there are people who are not even signed up on the forum that read these threads (as I did for few years) and maybe want to get in to the hobby and being completely rude to everyone is no way to act on a public boards or represent the hobby you like.

Thank you :)

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2021 at 3:07 AM Post #2,302 of 3,657
The cost of the equipment isn't a good way to determine fidelity.

Apr 15, 2021 at 3:57 AM Post #2,303 of 3,657
Could you please let us know, what gear exactly you use and what cables on what songs makes audible differences and what they are? No need for long lists, just couple of examples would be enough. BGGAR style, you give us few songs and timestamps where there are differences and how you perceive them.

This at least would be helpful for everyone, as there are people who are not even signed up on the forum that read these threads (as I did for few years) and maybe want to get in to the hobby and being completely rude to everyone is no way to act on a public boards or represent the hobby you like.

Thank you :)
Oh my, Furutech Dps-4 with the FI-50 NCF IEC, FI-50 NCR plug, Synergistic Research RED and Black Power cables just for starters, haven't got into headphone cables or IC's but the collection is long and distinguished, and power control. Nordost Hiemdall Audeze cable is the unicorn, Then the 18AWG croyed copper headphone cable from ALO is just legendary for the HD800's . My cable game is on point

Apr 15, 2021 at 4:37 AM Post #2,304 of 3,657
Oh my, Furutech Dps-4 with the FI-50 NCF IEC, FI-50 NCR plug, Synergistic Research RED and Black Power cables just for starters, haven't got into headphone cables or IC's but the collection is long and distinguished, and power control. Nordost Hiemdall Audeze cable is the unicorn, Then the 18AWG croyed copper headphone cable from ALO is just legendary for the HD800's . My cable game is on point
Lets put your money where your mouth is. Next Can Jam you take your HD800 and some cables of choice. They can be copper, silver, twisted, whatever you want as long as its just a wire, not something with an inductive, resistive or capacitive network. We will then hold a controlled ABX test and if you can differentiate between the cables I will pay you $2000, and if you cannot you will pay me $2000. Deal?

I'll even fly to the US to do it, but you pay for my ticket if you cannot pass the test.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2021 at 5:35 AM Post #2,305 of 3,657
Oh my. Too bad. I’m sorry for you.

Apr 15, 2021 at 5:55 AM Post #2,306 of 3,657

A few days ago, you ranted about and insulted a vendor who wouldn’t honor the warranty if you used non standard fuses. You are not concerned with facts or audio quality, just on flexing your wallet.

Try again when you have any actual evidence to support your claims. Sighted subjective opinions are not appropriate as a sole evaluation criteria here, not should they be. Would you accept them when assessing a medical product? I would assume so - who needs controlled testing or instrament based measurements. Just take whatever dose you like and report “how you feel”, right?

People who refuse to think critically are a marketers dream.

Apr 15, 2021 at 6:58 AM Post #2,307 of 3,657
Wow! Someone made a lot of money off you.....

Apr 15, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #2,308 of 3,657
It can not be proven in mathematical terms, that’s my point.
So this is speculation, not science. If you do not have a a theoretical framework, you clearly do not understand enough and more research is needed. And also, claiming something exists without evidence of any kind is akin to making up a concept.

Apr 15, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #2,309 of 3,657
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity

The problem in is gravity, it shows one way in the micro level and another in the large level. Even today this has not been fully explained. Even some scientists use different terminology but it’s the basic problem of The Theory Of Relatively.
Not understanding =! Science is wrong. We just do not have enough understanding, but doesn’t mean science is wrong even if the whole model is wrong, because science will use other models to get it right in that case. Even the field of quantum is not completely understood, doesn’t mean e are automatically wrong, especially when proponents of your position ignore the evidence these models provide that is accurate.

Apr 15, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #2,310 of 3,657
Science has Theories.

Theory at times is not 100% proven because we don’t know 100% of what is happening. Cables are for me fairly straight forward as far as working out. Silver cables on IEM can offer more treble energy. Also pure copper is warmer but not always. Cables are pretty much accepted as changing the sound in most of all the Sony Threads. The IER-Z1R has an included cables which is fantastic. The Kimber cables for the MDR-Z1R is used by a lot of people in the MDR-Z1R thread and it makes a big difference. These are issues that most come to Head-Fi and learn to find improvement in sound. I simply understand it as it being in the fringe area of testing; that the subtle changes are not able to always be fully measured. The impedance changes brought on by different IEM cables are openly measured and provided proof of cable sound difference. Have you not seen the impedance adaptors? They will change the sound of IEMs or allow a reduction in hiss with various amps. IEM cables totally change the sound.

Truly this is important as people can fine tune their headphones or IEMs into a sound that they are more attracted to. I would really be missing out if I used the stock cable for my MDR-Z7 and MDR-Z1R. There is a multitude of corrections which take place in using the Kimber cable.

I use different cables on 18 different IEMs. At times it’s to join them with different amps but it is also to try and find the best sound possible. Though I don’t spend more than $300 on an aftermarket cable. So I’m not really a cable fanatic. Right at the moment there’s the case of the BLON BL-01, the IEM is under $30.00 and will slowly change sound as your mind get used to it. For some it is three days and for others it is two weeks, but the detail and treble change. We do not know exactly why this takes place, but it is most likely mental burn in. The “fix” is to buy a silver cable. Most of the time these $20 cables are not even silver, they are tin coated copper, but this changes the sound back to an interesting level of detail once more. This has been experienced by countless people with the BL-01. Basically if you don’t change cable the IEM is unlistenable, boring.

Most of Head-Fi believe cables change the sound.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back