How can anyone think Beats are the best even after trying many brands of headphones?
Oct 31, 2012 at 8:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

pro1137

500+ Head-Fier
Really. I got into an argument with someone today over the Internet about how Beats are just in it for the money. He goes and tells me I'm wrong, and that brands like Sennheiser, Audio Technica, and Koss are the ones in it for the money, without backing up his claims. I don't understand people like this. Then he says something like 'who cares about frequency charts and **** like that when your the one who is wasting your money on ****ty headphones'. 

What the actual..

Oct 31, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #2 of 18
To each their own. Headphone enthusiasts understand that you can get a quality product at the same price offered for 'designer headphones'. Let them be and enjoy your cans.

Oct 31, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #3 of 18
Quote:
Really. I got into an argument with someone today over the Internet about how Beats are just in it for the money. He goes and tells me I'm wrong, and that brands like Sennheiser, Audio Technica, and Koss are the ones in it for the money, without backing up his claims. I don't understand people like this. Then he says something like 'who cares about frequency charts and **** like that when your the one who is wasting your money on ****ty headphones'. 

What the actual..

Why do you care? You can live your life knowing that you have better headphones than him. Hopefully when he's older and less ignorant he'll see that the Beat's are very flashy and don't look very nice, then he'll most likely look for classy and better sounding headphones.

Oct 31, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #5 of 18
Quote:
It's just that I can't stand it when people act like immature children. 

Also, maybe show him video reviews? And if he is still too ignorant to watch them just leave him be.

Oct 31, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #6 of 18
Stupid people will be stupid.

Don't bitter yourself over it, really. It's like like trying to explain the principles of evolution to a creationst.

Oct 31, 2012 at 9:44 PM Post #7 of 18
Beats is not that bad; however, it's really not good.
I hate beats because it entices so many people into a competition for their haughty and pride.
The only thing makes beats worth its price is its design. I highly guarantee.
To me, though i haven't got one, beats is a fine apparel rather than an apparatus.

Oct 31, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #8 of 18
Quote:
It's just that I can't stand it when people act like immature children. 

Also, maybe show him video reviews? And if he is still too ignorant to watch them just leave him be.

Ya, just don't worry bout it. I used to argue with kids at school and no matter what, they don't budge from their beats standpoint. I gave up and I just let em do what they want now. Your have just chosen to educate yourself more on the topic and they haven't, maybe they will eventually choose to as well.

Oct 31, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #9 of 18
Quote:
Really. I got into an argument with someone today over the Internet about how Beats are just in it for the money. He goes and tells me I'm wrong, and that brands like Sennheiser, Audio Technica, and Koss are the ones in it for the money, without backing up his claims. I don't understand people like this.

What's to understand? They're all "just in it for the money."

Oct 31, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #10 of 18
I agree with everyone here on head-fi about beats: overpriced, and they don't sound good.

BUT, BUT, BUT....

I think its going to open the door to better quality audio gear in the future. I think that after the Beats-by-Dre fad wears off, people will realize that $300 for a mediocre sounding headphone is a rip-off. That leaves the door open for a reputable company (Sennheiser, AKG, all the good head-fi brands) to come up with a QUALITY sounding headphone that looks "cool". (And I do admire the looks of Beats, they look attractive on the people I see wearing them around Hollywood).

Oct 31, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #11 of 18
Quote:
Beats is not that bad; however, it's really not good.
I hate beats because it entices so many people into a competition for their haughty and pride.
The only thing makes beats worth its price is its design. I highly guarantee.
To me, though i haven't got one, beats is a fine apparel rather than an apparatus.

I'm guessing you don't speak English haha. But yes, I completely agree with you.

OP, I know exactly how you feel. You just need to forget it. I've probably seen more people like that than you have. Just feel bad for them that they have to be so stupid.

Oct 31, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

I'm guessing you don't speak English haha. But yes, I completely agree with you.

OP, I know exactly how you feel. You just need to forget it. I've probably seen more people like that than you have. Just feel bad for them that they have to be so stupid.

I've been in these situations too many times now to not know when to drop it. And  @Elektrospeed, I was actually comparing him to a fundamentalist Christian/Creationist in the argument. So touche for saying that.

Nov 3, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #15 of 18
There's lots of threads like this. They all go something like:

"Person X says Beats are the best. I told him they're not, and he said I'm wrong. He's wrong! Beats are teh suxx0rz!"

You're never going to convince somebody who doesn't know anything that popular consensus is wrong. It's a despairing prospect, but people with almost no knowledge nevertheless often make (sometimes very passionate) choices concerning things like whom they vote for, which clothes they buy, and, yes, which headphones are the best. If people A through Y say "Teh Beats is teh roxx0rz!!111!!1", person Z, no matter how right they are, isn't likely to counterbalance the weight of people A through Y.

It's a known fact that many people don't consider the quality of an argument, only how many times they've heard it. Many times = correct to most people, despite the obvious (and often exploited) opportunity for manipulation. The understanding that this is the case is one of the fundamental building blocks of successful advertising. And until you have a multibillion dollar budget and decide to spend it on spreading the message that "Beats r teh suxx0rz!!!1111!!!!," you're not going to convince the average non-enthusiast, charts, graphs, or video reviews notwithstanding.

So it's time to stop trying, people. When your friends come to you and ask for advice, that probably means they trust you, so give it. When they don't, don't. And in the name of all goodness stop trying to convince people you barely know of your point! It does nothing but make you look bigheaded!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back