How Bad is Bluetooth for wireless Audio?
Mar 30, 2011 at 3:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Nocturnal310

Headphoneus Supremus
Asking from a Sound quality point of view.

Planning on using Sony Ericsson MW600 with Westone 3 earphones these days....so i can listen to music from my BB Bold as well as take calls while commuting.

so i wont be using ipod...but Blackberry Bold as my audio source...with bluetooth.

wondering how much sound quality is going to be compromised?

Mar 30, 2011 at 8:08 AM Post #2 of 6
While commuting? None. Unless you are being driven to work in a luxury car, that is.  There will be enough wind and car/train/bus/people noise around that any minor loss will be irrellivant. Of course there are good bluetooth headphones and bad ones. Get good ones.

Mar 30, 2011 at 8:23 AM Post #3 of 6
My experience with BT headphones was a headache not because of sq (which took a minor hit) but because of the unreliability of BT which tends to drop a lot. I also don't understand what you are trying to do... The MW600 is an Ericsson phone? Or is that a dongle you connect to the Westones? I don't see the point of going BT unless the entire headset is wireless.

If you need to route calls into your headphone it's better to get a cable with mic than to go BT.

Apr 5, 2011 at 5:11 AM Post #4 of 6
i am not using bluetooth headphones...they all suck

i am using bluetooth adapter ..

Sony MW600 headset lets u use your own headphones...it has an 3.5mm jack.

it also connects with my blackberry simultaneously so i can take calls in between

the reason i am using bluetooth is so i can receive audio from multiple devices at the same time.

Apr 6, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
i am not using bluetooth headphones...they all suck

i am using bluetooth adapter ..

Sony MW600 headset lets u use your own headphones...it has an 3.5mm jack.

it also connects with my blackberry simultaneously so i can take calls in between

the reason i am using bluetooth is so i can receive audio from multiple devices at the same time.

actually if you get comparable codecs then it should be as good as any cable, what data rate do you think is the most a 320k stream can be?  often AAC is the best to use so try using that

Apr 9, 2011 at 2:06 AM Post #6 of 6
That's not the problem with bluetooth, were talking about signal transmission here.

I used to own the Ety8 so let me say this: Bluetooth CAN sound just as good as wired audio. That said, standard bluetooth out of laptops/cell phones is horrible. Why? There is a reason why Etymotic and Sennheiser supply their own adapters; its because AD2P transmission sucks. When my Ety8's IPod adapter died 2 months after the Ety8 were given to me I learned the hard way that the adapter was using a special bit lossless system. Basicly, the hit to clarity/SQ out of my LG phone's bluetooth was so bad that I returned them and went back to using my eq'ed Klipsch Image S4. (I'm not a basshead lol)

Then again...asking for a working bluetooth iem that matches the ER4 in sq is a bit much I guess
etysmile.gif

I loved them while I had them though, didn't mind looking like an uber-geek out in public at all...

Quote:
actually if you get comparable codecs then it should be as good as any cable, what data rate do you think is the most a 320k stream can be?  often AAC is the best to use so try using that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back